deleting damaged content

sholborn

sholborn
Hi
Please can someone tell me how to delet 3rd party content which has missing dependancies?i have a load and it is filling my hard drive.
Regards
Stew

Rule #1.
Include Trainz version in any question. There are 5 versions out there now, and 3 require different techniques to achieve what you want.
Norm

Well there ya go, short version.

Open CM2.
Search for the offending item.
Highlight offending item.
Press Delete.

Longer and probably better version.
Open CM2.
Right click on offending item, choosing View Dependencies
View in main list.
Right click and choose View Dependent Assets.
Oops, this one's needed for blah, blah, blah, that I want to keep.
Ah, that one's used in blah, blah, blah. Don't need that. Press Delete

Do that for the stuff you don't want.
Norm

Best left alone...

:cool: This is the why we have a content manager...the missing dependencies belonging to the content are somewhere...maybe.

It's not a good idea to delete anything, even & especially built-in content.

Tomorrow there may be a route that uses that content.

It sounds like you need to invest in a external hard drive for more storage & move items you don't use or back-up Folders to that drive.

Going through all the files & removing what you think you don't need is like removing files from the Windows Temporary Folder manually...first thing you know, the files are back because you downloaded a route.

There are issues that need to be worked out for content missing dependencies in TS2009.

I know there are rolling stock items you will never use, just archive them in TS2009. Some of the dependencies may be used in your Favorites.

It's better to spend your time in-game enjoying, than to become obsessed with "filing."

Back