Deadly texture - Arizona Rock 5

LOL Mark, that's hillarious & a wee bit hideous in a humorous way .. still it's an honest opinion though.

After doing some research of ntesdorf's uploads myself, it is rather edifying to see he has gone to the trouble of trying to fix content which had been used in either of his 3 uploaded maps.

It's clearly indicated to me that Arizona Rock 5 had been previously used in ntesdorf's Oberon route which may or may not have given him a possible error. (It's likely most textures can become corrupted or certain files moved at any stage). However, this isn't the point I'm making!

To clarify the issue, ntesdorf had used the texture and attempted to correct the asset along with any other creator's asset's he's not necessarily had problem's with and uploaded them under his own kuid for his own personal benefit.

Well, what can we make of this??? Most people have known if they have a problem with a creator's asset, the right thing to do is get in touch with them about it or leave a msg on the forum. Don't rectify the problem yourself as it only makes matters worse.

That's all from me, I will shut up now. :)

Hi Marty and everyone,

Thanks for the message and heads up on this.

A lot of his assets seem rather familiar and i'm very seriously considering removing all of his content from the DLS.

The consequence of this is that if people have used these assets in layouts it will add to the missing assets problem for the whole community. Still plagiarism is worse.

I will talk to the crew about our options and get this fixed.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for looking in to this.

Going by the small amount of "ntesdorf" downloads shown per item it seems to be a small price to pay.

I deleted the few items that I had.

Cheers,

Bill.

I have sent nicholas (ntesdorf) an email asking for an explanation on what has happened.

I will await his response before removing the assets.

Alan

Might be worth noting that many of these assets are re-skins or fixes of DMDrake's work - both of which he permits without prior permission BUT WITH ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. There are also a couple by Shoves, who require neither. It may be more of a case of requesting correct acknowledgement of the original than punishing deliberate plagiarism.

I can't speak for all of 'his' assets though, so this obviously requires explanation...

Paul

I'll jump in here.

I have no objection to having my content reskinned IF I am given credit for the original and if the object is renamed. If it is not renamed there will be confusion when an object is recommended by name. This has happened to me before and Auran removed all of the content that was not done correctly. I am going to contact Auran and complain about some of ntesdorf's skins of my content since he has neither renamed them or given me credit on many of them. He has not even bothered to change the description on some of them. If you are reading this ntesdorf I would appreciate an explanation.

I see that Alan is on the spot so I'm sure this will be resolved quickly. Thanks Alan

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Marty and everyone,

Thanks for the message and heads up on this.

A lot of his assets seem rather familiar and i'm very seriously considering removing all of his content from the DLS.

The consequence of this is that if people have used these assets in layouts it will add to the missing assets problem for the whole community. Still plagiarism is worse.

I will talk to the crew about our options and get this fixed.

Alan

Thanks Alan,

I appreciate reading of your reply into clearing this matter up for not only myself, but also for those above who have been violated by ntesdorf's actions.

Cheers!

Marty

Rather ironic though that he's been able to add plagiarised items to the DLS in the last few days while proper creators are queuing for weeks!
(Stone Retaining Wall Clean, Fence_Chain_Link_1942, ATouchOfTheYellow, Arizona Rock 5 all on 14 Oct)

Paulsw2 - thats my fault, though this issue was only bought to my attention yesterday the 22nd October.

ntesdorf has responded with a blunt reply that he does have permission, going off the replies in this thread I have removed all of his content from the DLS.

If you have downloaded any assets that begin with kuid 224165: you may wish to delete them.

Killing the program still possible?

But one BIG Questions remains unanswered:
How can KILLING items pass Aurans check!!!!!!
Do we have to expect that can happen again?
If I did not read this Forum alarm, Trainz would be unusable forever for me! :':)':)'(
I never would have the idea that a downloaded item could kill the program.
Again: How could this happen? And can it happen again?

But one BIG Questions remains unanswered:
How can KILLING items pass Aurans check!!!!!!
Do we have to expect that can happen again?
If I did not read this Forum alarm, Trainz would be unusable forever for me! :':)':)'(
I never would have the idea that a downloaded item could kill the program.
Again: How could this happen? And can it happen again?

off topic .... great items you have at the DLS, especially that I could use in my Desert Layout .... thanks for making them!!

Ish

Back