curser problems in surveyor

knitnweed

Very new to Trainz and just exploring. While trying to see what surveyor will do I found the curser would flicker and sometimes disappear completely. Any ideas what causes this?

Tried out the driver tutorial - that train will never be the same!:eek:

Perhaps because you have your cursor set to disappear when using the keyboard? Unless it causes problems, I wouldn't worry about it.
Norm

I had a problem like that for a while using TRS2004. I don't know if it was happening in Surveyor, but it was happening on the other screens.
Switching from DirectX to Open GL ( or vice versa) in Display Settings fixed it. I can't remember which one I was using at the time.
The problem eventually disappeared and I can use either one now.

Same here with me. When I first installed any Trainz program my cursor would flicker and die if I didn't keep it moving. At first I thought it was like in Flight Simulator where it was supposed to go away after not using it, but after time (I think about a week or so) the cursor now stays visible all the time.

Bill

Thanks for your replies, I changed a thing or two in the graphics card and from openGL to directX. Now I can actually work in surveyor - well, start learning it anyway.

Back