Corrupted Water when using in Root

I have discovered since upgrading to SP4 that when using Surveyor in just root and not session then water in Edit Environment defaults to very strange settings e.g. bright green. I changed it to something more meaningful and exited but on returning it is still the same. It appears that you have to go into each individual session and make the changes and then using session level entry it appears to be alright. However if you only use root then it still defaults to something ridiculous and you cannot change it.

Has anybody else come across this and if so is there any solution ?

Tony Howard

Check your environment settings. I recommend defaulting them first then make adjustments.

Water settings should be done in the route editor and not the session editor because it's a global setting, meaning water is part of the route-building process and landscape like trees, textures, and buildings. Sessions are more for local settings and setups such as consists, rules, drivers, and assets that require configuration such as industry setups, consist commodities, and other assets.

This would explain the disparity between things being edited in the session and what is done in the route.

Back