Copying folders to TRS06

Smtty58

I have a CD with over 1200 folders of content (Doolinator's Berkshire Sub). The content is TRS04 and I need to copy it from the CD to my TRS06 install. Using the 'import content' option in CMP Explorer works, but it only lets me move one folder at a time. I tried manually copying them to my Local folder but CMP doesn't see the content. Is there a way to do this faster?

CMP needs time to recognise content you put in the local folder by hand (in this case, by mouse). Give it a while.

I've sent messages to the help desk five weeks ago, and posted here several times. I'm not the only member with this problem, and apparently Auran can't get it fixed.

It is inadvisable to copy into the local Folder. When we first saw the original version, we were told that the program was designed for CMP to handle the Local folder and to manually modify it in any way could cause CMP to lose content. The only way to get new content into CMP is with the import functions.

When you say that you have 1200 folders, what format are they in? If you select the root folder, the one containing all the others, CMP should import all the contents of that one folder. If necessary, create a folder on your hard drive and copy the CD contents to it. Then select that folder to import.

Regarding your request to the help desk, was this done by an email to the old help desk or by the request form provided. The old help desk is closed.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Last edited:
Thanks narrowgauge, that was what I was looking for. Selecting the root folder imported everything. I first removed anything I had placed in the local folder by hand. As for the Helpdesk, yes it was to the new one and I recieved replies.

Back