Content manager v3.6 not connecting

mikeym766

Using Railway Simulator 2012, and when accessing content manager I get the "incorrect username and password' error. Already checked my settings, serial numbers, tried disabling my firewall but nothing has worked. Also have Trainz 2009 and it has no problems at all with content manager (v2.0). I'm at a loss as to what else i can try. Ran network diagostics in content manager and they all passed, so I'm stumped.
Another strange thing is it worked just fine when I first installed the game, but after patching, content manager can't find my account.
Spending too much time getting this work than actually playing, so you can imagine my frustration. :confused: Any helpful hints to what else I can try would be appreciated.

Sometimes it helps to start CM and select File - Settings and delete then re-type in your username and password.

Bob Weber

Tried that as well but didn't help. What worked for me though was to uninstall the game, reinstall, apply all patches, then load the game and enter my login settings, and it worked. Was about to download quite a bit of content last night. Here's hoping that when I get home tonight it still let's me in. lol

Using Railway Simulator 2012, and when accessing content manager I get the "incorrect username and password' error. Already checked my settings, serial numbers, tried disabling my firewall but nothing has worked. Also have Trainz 2009 and it has no problems at all with content manager (v2.0). I'm at a loss as to what else i can try. Ran network diagostics in content manager and they all passed, so I'm stumped.
Another strange thing is it worked just fine when I first installed the game, but after patching, content manager can't find my account.
Spending too much time getting this work than actually playing, so you can imagine my frustration. :confused: Any helpful hints to what else I can try would be appreciated.

For future reference:
DLS FCT forum where there are a few hundred posts on how to sort it out. ;)
Sticky Thread here http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?22293-My-CMP-won-t-work-I-Can-t-Download-etc-etc suggest reading it all for the up to date info or see this reply I made a little earlier today for a similar problem which may help http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...lems-with-Account-of-My30&p=986139#post986139

Last edited:
Well tried to get on now and just as I feared I'm getting the same problem. I followed the links you posted clam, read through and tried a few of those suggestions (run as admin, change file attributes, changing password). Nothing has helped. Set every exe I could fine to run as administrator too (have Windows 7 here). Just don't get why it'll run just fine the very first time I access it after I install the game, but after closing it and returning later I lose access. Nothing had changed in between.

Could it be related to whatever browser you're using? Have you tried a different one?

First of all, are you up to the latest build? Currently, Trainz should be at build 49922. You can find the build number in the bottom-right corner of the Launcher. If you need to update, click here and locate the patch(es) for your current build number.

If patching doesn't fix the problem, try exiting Trainz, letting TADDaemon.exe finish its stuff, and then deleting the file assets.tdx in \TS12\UserData. Next time you launch Trainz, it will spend about 20 minutes rebuilding the database from scratch. This rebuild could fix your problem, as it may simply be one of synchronization between Content Manager and the DLS servers.

Yes I am at build 49922, and tried deleted the file assets.tdx but after rebuild, still have the U/P error. Any other ideas?

My problem was fixed by giving the right admistrator rights to Trainz-Went into program folder selected Trainz Launcher(trainz.exe) Right Clicked on run as admistrator so far mine has worked

First of all, are you up to the latest build? Currently, Trainz should be at build 49922. You can find the build number in the bottom-right corner of the Launcher. If you need to update, click here and locate the patch(es) for your current build number.

If patching doesn't fix the problem, try exiting Trainz, letting TADDaemon.exe finish its stuff, and then deleting the file assets.tdx in \TS12\UserData. Next time you launch Trainz, it will spend about 20 minutes rebuilding the database from scratch. This rebuild could fix your problem, as it may simply be one of synchronization between Content Manager and the DLS servers.

A small hiccup regarding your patching advice - N3V's service pack page is rather patchy when it comes to manual patches for TS12. My tutorial website has the full list at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/patch-links-for-ts2009-ts2010-ts12/ts12. (and yes, I have mentioned to N3V about the patchy tutorial links issue for TS12)

Apart from that, the advice seems good to me.

Shane

Hey Shane... I re-installed trainz following your tutorial word for word, first with automatic patch update (which didn't work - video was not there just the titlebar lol) and manually. After the manual install of all patches (2 of them), all ran as admin, I was again able to access and download stuff in Content Manager, but after about 3 or 4 hours, I once again got the username and password error. Really is becoming a thorn in my backside lol, but at least I can play without problems.

It may be worth checking Network Diagnostics, in case there's a server problem at N3V's end.

Shane

Ran diagnostics and looks like it all passes.

Message: Reply from 74.125.226.81: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=57
Message: Reply from 74.125.226.81: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=57
Message: Reply from 74.125.226.81: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=57
Message: Reply from 74.125.226.81: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=57
Message: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=55
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=55
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=55
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=55
Message: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Back