Contenet Manager Background

dwgibson

I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of this request.......

Is there any way that you could have an option to change the background color in the CM? It would help when having multiple screens from different TRAINZ versions open at the same time. I'm just talking about TRS19 and/or T:ANE.

Just a thought.......

Dale

Is there any way that you could have an option to change the background color in the CM? It would help when having multiple screens from different TRAINZ versions open at the same time. I'm just talking about TRS19 and/or T:ANE.

Just a thought.......

Dale

Not laughing here Dale, This is a reasonable request. There's nothing like having multiple windows with similar details in them and then getting interrupted by a phone call or someone needing some 'urgent' help. In addition to the color difference, how about adding in the Trainz-version and name to the title bar too?

The name at the top will reaffirm which version we're poking in so not to do something we're not supposed to, and would help those with poor sight as well.

IE has a very limited lifetime of support from MS, so I adjust my all my IE "Window Colors" to shades of light/medium gray, with "Selected Items" highlight colors to a light blue, with a bolder pure black type font

This way when I view the Forums and the CM all the blinding white, pale blue type, and other bad color choices, are now much more easy on the eye, in various gray to blue background, with bold black type/font

I use "Opera" browser for all other websites and applications, then the "Windows Colors" are unchanged

Last edited:

Just a thought.......

Dale
Great idea. Has my vote:Y:

7 Sep 2018
It is a request, which was placed long ago. Would it be possible to unlock the Content Manager Screen to allow making the line spacing bigger and allow modification of the font from a 'squint' size to something easier to read. Really us old fellows could use something easier to view.

paperpusher (and others) - Check out the new control on your TRS2019 Trainz Settings dialog (General tab) that allows you to choose either Standard or Large font sizes in Content Manager!
The label says: Content List Font Size'
Choosing the 'Large' font size will increase the line spacing as well.
So your wish has been granted by the Good People at N3V!

Last edited:
Yes - the new feature is also available in T:ANE Beta Build 96202 and will roll out to the public release of SP3 HF1 if we think it is worthwhile.

This is why I don't post stuff or ask questions in the forum...... Because if you try to fine something you might not find it after several daze of looking...... Then you get someone that pisses on your day by telling you that you haven't looked hard enough or you asked the question wrong..... I will stay off here again.... I have been using TRAINZ since UTC I believe it is a really cool program that keeps me from spending lots of $$ on doing the real thing.

Thanks SailorDan glad you have all the answers.......

Regards,

Dale

This is why I don't post stuff or ask questions in the forum...... Because if you try to fine something you might not find it after several daze of looking...... Then you get someone that pisses on your day by telling you that you haven't looked hard enough or you asked the question wrong..... I will stay off here again.... I have been using TRAINZ since UTC I believe it is a really cool program that keeps me from spending lots of $$ on doing the real thing.

Regards,

Dale

Dale,

Don't worry about it. Searching the forums outright stinks!

This is the very reason why some things get posted over and over. It is much easier to ask again than spend hours hunting the forums for a similar, but not similarly worded topic with posts that end up in dead ends and go nowhere.

Regards,

Dale

Just ignore any crabby comments,there are nitpickers everywhere, (I have one who always criticizes my choice of engines in the screenshots I take if they aren't prototypical ) . Given the nature of the forum , it can take forever to find some threads and theres no harm done creating another as it brings topics that might be forgotten back to the public eye.

Back