Constant crashes to desktop in 122411

peterwhite

Steam Rules OK
As the title says I am now suffering constant CTD's in this build, mostly when working in surveyor classic. I have not yet tried surveyor 2 or HD terrain.
Is this build still at 5.6, and if so will I be ok to revert back to the previous version?

Peter

To answer my own question I reverted back to the previous build but none of the routes I had worked on showed in the menu so the answer is no.

So I bit the bullet and patched to 122411 again and I have now had no crashes. Progress I thought, back to normal, but alas, no. I now have the problem that every time I want to save my route or session it wants me to save as a new route and session, not allowing me to check the dot for to save the route or session as the original.

Slowly tearing my hair out, or what is left of it anyway........

Only been playing this simulation for 18 years and I'm still learning.
It would seem that if you are not logged in you can't overwrite your own routes and sessions.
My login data had been wiped when I patched so upon logging in everything is fine again.

Nothings simple in this day and age..... Or am I just getting old!!!!!

Peter

Ah, I noticed this on the Mac version when I downgraded to check the ‘No grid’ issue.

In my case it not only logged me out, it reverted all the settings to default and erased my pic lists.

Only been playing this simulation for 18 years and I'm still learning.
It would seem that if you are not logged in you can't overwrite your own routes and sessions.
Well if you're not logged in, then the program has no way of knowing who is attempting to modify your route. ... until the Trainz AI takes control of your camera and recognizes you. :eek:
Nothings simple in this day and age..... Or am I just getting old!!!!!

Peter
Welcome to the club. I'll soon be doing this for 21 years and it's still fun although some of the changes do stretch the meaning of fun a bit.

Gentlemen,
I have had the same issue as you all. 21 years and counting there has been practically nothing like this
that has happened more than once during the day.
If any of you have a complete answer that works and all of you have satisfaction of his work, please let me know.
Many times during the day, this crash happens at any moment and many things that I have tried have failed.
Also, this happens in 2022 version. I can do as much as a few hours of work on a route and suddenly,
BOOM !!! Nothing has been saved.

If you have a working answer, please let me know soon. all I have are a few card games to keep me going.

The Colonel

I just bought Trainz 2022 PE after getting emails offering it at discount. I'm also getting constant crashes - just looking around the Edinburgh to Dundee route in Surveyor is practically impossible, with the lag and then the crashes. The same map is fine in Trainz 2019.

I've made the settings in TRS22 the same as they are in TRS19.

trainz-settings.jpg

Lower the shader to Basic and try again. Basic = Standard in TRS19 and pre SP2 TRS22 and Plus.
Uncheck Use PhysX.

I sorted the issue. The draw distance in Surveyor was set to 10,000m. Lowered it to 5000m and it's working fine. (y)

One of the strengths of Tainz is that many different combinations of hardware are able to run Trainz by adjusting the various settings. The trick is to find YOUR sweet spot. With my GPU I can run the E & D with a max draw at 8000 and the performance settings as below.
trainz22peperformancesttings.JPG

This is merely for my own curiousity: What graphics card do you have? Have you updated the gpu driver recently?

ASRock Z790 Riptide motherboard
Corsair RM850 850 Watt 80 Plus PSU
Intel i5-13600K CPU
32GB (2 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5
AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU

Latest GPU drivers are installed.

Back