Conrail Aggregate Hopper

Well, if you can find a set of plans for these I would gladly try it. I've been modeling buildings and other scenery items wanting to try a piece of rolling stock and this looks as if it would be a good start.

Thanks

Mike

Well, if you can find a set of plans for these I would gladly try it. I've been modeling buildings and other scenery items wanting to try a piece of rolling stock and this looks as if it would be a good start.

Thanks

Mike

You've been doing a great job on the buildings so far, Mike.... just my 2 cents worth, this would be a great starter car for you. I've been doing rolling stock for a bit now and I've stuck to gondolas & hoppers because they are nice and square. Not a lot of really complicated angles and hardly any curved surfaces. Honestly, a lot of the buildings you've done look more complicated than this car! I'll be looking forward to it!

What's killing me now is pipes... I have some cool assets that are almost done but I can't seem to move past pipes. I'll eventually work it out, but that's holding me back now...

Thanks,

Mike

What's killing me now is pipes... I have some cool assets that are almost done but I can't seem to move past pipes. I'll eventually work it out, but that's holding me back now...

Thanks,

Mike

I started a tank car loading rack and the pipes gave me an absolute migraine every time I started working on it. Never did finish it.

Just use a line for pipes. Check the "Display Mesh" box --- set the sides to about 8 and the thickness to around .09 or so, depending on what size pipe you need. You can then just draw the shape you need.

There are other ways to make pipes but I use this often.

Cheers,

Dave

I can make all of the pipes in the world. That's not the problem. The issue I have with pipes is I use 3ds Max and bake textures.... All of the zillions of faces being baked never really turns out quite how I want.

Back