confused

benno93

Hi guys

Ive just bought trainz 2004 and i was wondring if u could help me wif a few things. these probs sound like stupid questions but i would appriciate if u could help me.

Right

1. In surveyor is there anyway to kind of make the table bigger

2. in surveyor how do i place buffer stops

Thanku

Hi Ben, I use TRS2006 but i think i can help.

Hit F1 to go to the terain creater and click on "Advanced"

Go to tracks tab click on the big buttons and type buffer in the search thing.

Good luck

well the making the map thing bigger works but i still cant find the buffer stop

ive typed it into the search bar but nothing came up

It should be in the same tab as your signals. There is one called a "Rail end" - try that.

Cheers

Nix

You need to go onto Surveyor benno93 and where all the signals are located you will find some rail buffers a.k.a. rail or track-ends, you can then place your buffers, the same as you would your signals, just make sure that your cursor is at the end of the piece of track where you want to place your buffers and click, you will see the buffer appear, just make sure that it is facing the right way round on the track...LOL
If you don't like the buffers available in the built-in content there are loads on the DLS if you do a search, and if you are using a route layout from Europe you can also download French buffers called butoir, and some others from the Czech Republic and Germany, but I cannot remember any names off the top of me head at present. Do a search, you'll find something suitable.

Cheers. ex-railwayman.

unfortunatly guys i cant seem to find the signals either. all i can find is the signal frames. and i still cant find the buffer stops

Sounds like you're in the scenery tab rather than the trackside objects tab. If you go to the "track" tab as if you were going to lay track, you'll see three round buttons at the top of the tab. Click the second one along and you'll see signals and buffers :)

JB

Sorry to ask a silly question benno, but in surveyor route of your map, have you clicked on F4 to bring the screen up with your tracks, signals, etc, on.?? If you have, then, click on the next bar underneath the circles, it will turn blue when you place your cursor on it, type in the word buffer and you will see the floating picture of a pair of buffers appear in the screen. You can also type railend also, and you should see the built in content available.

Give us a shout if you still have problems.

Back