Computer Problems

srude

Hello;

For those of you who don't know this, your computer writes data to the registry while you are running a program--regardless of what it is. If that program crashes, corrupted data is written into the registry and that usually disables the application. The only way to clear the problem is to clear out the bad registry entries.

In the case of Trainz, a crash sometimes makes a clean install impossible. There are utilities available that give access to the rgistry.

However, editing the registry is an extremely hazardous undertaking if you don't understand how it works.

I hope this helps those who have the fortitude to mess with the registry.

And, if you are always connected to the internet, your computer accumulates garbage that way too, which can also cause problems.

How many people know that when you boot your computer, every cookie tries to connect to the internet? The traffic jam can get serious enough to impede the performance of your manchine . .

I suspect that most Trainz performance issues are with the computer and not the application. Afterall, why is that some people have no problems?

There you have it . . .

Hi srude, parts of this issue are already being discussed here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=41742

I'm not sure if every cookie attempts to connect with the Internet when you boot up. Firstly, I retain my cookies because I find them handy when revisiting sites. I must have hundreds by now. Secondly, I run a bandwidth meter on my mobile Internet and there's no unusual activity recorded every time I log on to the Internet.

I personally don't think cookies (especially from respectable sites) are all that intrusive, but I guess that's a debatable question.

Back