CMP steadfastly remaining off line.

Railwayz

Slightly above average.
Before checking the forums yesterday I made the mistake of opening CMP which of course could not log on because of the ISP problems. Trying again today it still refuses to connect claiming that my settings must be wrong. I've re-entered my username and log on and still nothing. Running the network diagnostic I get this a message saying that the test "ping known address failed" and later Error: Test 'ftp dls' failed.

I know that this should probably go through the helpdesk but my experiences in that regard have not been positive (in fact I've never received the help required) so I thought I'd try this approach first.

Railwayz

Last edited:
Before checking the forums yesterday I made the mistake of opening CMP which of course could not log on because of the ISP problems.

Incorrect. I could not access the forums of course, but I was able to login/download from the DLS during the time that the forums were down.

Your issue may not be (probably is not) related.

There have been issues with most of the auran.com domain over the last day or two, but it should not prevent CM from working correctly now the problems have been solved.

Shane

Incorrect. I could not access the forums of course, but I was able to login/download from the DLS during the time that the forums were down.

Your issue may not be (probably is not) related.

CMP was working the day before and had been shutdown correctly. I've tried deleting and re-entering my username and password with no result either except that now it says that my user name and password is invalid. Sigh, it shouldn't be this hard should it? This has happened a few times before with previous versions but it's usually been fixed by a new version of Trainz being released at the same time (strange that) and my upgrading.

I agree, it probably isn't related, but when nothing else has been changed it's not unnatural to think that CMP threw a wobbly because it couldn't connect.

Railwayz

Not unreasonable at all.

As to what's causing this, I have NO idea.... I've had a few times that the Content Manager told me it couldn't connect, but they've resolved themselves after a short time, or once after I rebooted the computer.

Time to drop a support ticket I think.

Back