click command menu freezes computer in Trainz 2012, but not in Trainz 2010

airtime

the age of the train
Hello to all,

I have noticed in Trainz 2012, that if I was to click onto the black menu box at the bottom of the screen in driver, say to ask for a train to "DRIVE", the trainz program will freeze for a few seconds, then the menu appears on the screen, and trainz continues to work again. The freezing part only lasts a few seconds when I am asking for on screen commands to appear, once they appear, trainz then runs as normal.

In Trainz 2010 however, if I do the above, Trainz is not effected what-so-ever, and no freezing occurs.

I was just wondering, does anybody else have this problem, if so then please let me know, and if anyone has a fix for it, then that would be brilliant.

Here are my system specs...

Cooler master system with Windows 7 64bit
FSP 600W Modular PSU 80+Bronze SLI-Support
Intel Core i5-2500K Skt 1155 3.3Ghz 6Mb Cache Boxed with fans
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Desktop Motherboard
Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/8G 2 4Gb kit
PCIe GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 DVI VGA HDMI
1Tb Hitachi Sata Hard Drive 7200rpm 32Mb Cache

Many Thanks in advance to all who can help

Joe Airtime

That sounds like one of the driver command assets is taking it's time to add the necessary information to the menu.

Usually, it's something to do with the asset's script files.

Shane

Joe, does it happen all the time, (every time), or just once in a while? If it happens every time I would guess it's not a specific command.

Hi Euphod and Shane,

Many thanks for your reply's, it is very much appreciated.

The freezing happens all the time when I click in the black box for the command list to appear, the freezing only lasts around five seconds, but it is noticable within Trainz 2012. I have noticed the problem in the E.C.M.L sessions and thought it maybe to do with too many commands in the list box, as a lot of commands are in the list.

Everything else in Trainz 2012 is great, I can fly all over the map in seconds, I can jump from one train, to another train in a different part of the map without a problem. Just the command box freezes Trainz 2012 before it appears.

Many thanks once again Shane and Euphod for trying to help me, if the problem persists, I might jump back to Trainz 2010, where I have no problems at all.

Joe Airtime

Thank you Shane for the tip and also for your valuable help, I will check the jet log file and see what might be causing the slight glitch.

As a thank you for your help, I will promote your website below.

Joe Airtime

Back