City and Country USA facelift

Welcome to the Future...

:cool: Your improvements make it seem like the evolution of a locality...sort of like the natural improvements relative to regions we know of today...:p

I used two of the original trackmarks at opposite sides of the route to command the AI Drivers to run continuously for hours...like back when I model railroaded.

When you get board with this "layout," please upload it to the Download Station!

This is why none of the original routes should be updated, because their would be no challenge to the user to improvise and improve the route.

The Demo UTC-405 had no save function and could not take downloads. You had an F7 A&B, a FA1 and a SW7 and all the default consists to use only. I placed loads at Big Sky Mine and left the yard with mty's...after delivery of the loads I was tired and ready to quit anyway.

I did find Surveyor, completely destroyed the city. I remember people would pop-up in the terrain as I sank the elevation. Of course re-loading the program brought everything back to normal...:hehe:

Showing what's new

@backyard: I don't think i'll get board with this layout:hehe:

Isn't Jointed Rail SOO nice to retire these??:hehe: :p
enginewhistle2011122400.jpg

Last edited:
Any progress made on the route? Personally, I think the tracks, crossing signals, etc that you're using should obsolete the ones originally there! You've inspired me to make my own upgrade of the layout! I can show you mine soon!

bump...

Well, i've kinda been bored with the route lately. No progress has been made since December and I don't know when this will be worked on again. The inspiration and motivation for me to work on this route has just gone away from me sadly :(

Regards...:wave:

Well, i've kinda been bored with the route lately. No progress has been made since December and I don't know when this will be worked on again. The inspiration and motivation for me to work on this route has just gone away from me sadly

That's a shame, but I understand the muse is fleeting sometimes. I do hope you will continue at some point!

Well, i've kinda been bored with the route lately. No progress has been made since December and I don't know when this will be worked on again. The inspiration and motivation for me to work on this route has just gone away from me sadly :(

Regards...:wave:

:cool:Please feel free to make this project public by uploading to the DLS or otherwise. Hundreds of routes on the DLS are not finished however, no route is ever finished!

You can always upload an update under the same kuid if you wish.

Hmm... may have to look into doing that :)

My current plans right now are re-doing the enitire steel mill to where you can unload coal and iron at the blast furnace, load slag, and unload it. Might be kinda tough squeezing that into the small space on the route but i'll see what I can do:wave:

reinventing the steel... mill

Ok now... i've just started on re-doing the steel mill. The blast furnace now has multi-industry tracks that will accept coal and iron along with another one that loads slag. The slag pit so far is only re-texturing and i've added a steel loading siding also with a multi-industry track. it will load coils, i-beams, and rails (simulatortrain load for flat cars). The blast furnace is from VMD (virtual motive division). Tracks and ballast textures have been replaced too.
enginewhistle2012033100.jpg

Nice change with a bigger yard also different city profile.

What about adding some small industries along the yard?

I,d like to see more fictional railroad.:cool::Y:

I've started redoing the neighborhood on this route. There is a new station and some new houses. Hopefully, I will eventually add the grass and other veggies that go by houses and a new beta will be released after i'm done with some stuff:)
enginewhistle2012040500.jpg

Oh god, where have I been...

...and, it looks like I finally got the motivation to rework this route! I think I might re-do the railyard and so far, i've redone some of my previous trackwork and I re-did the steel mill. Just wanted to show this until I can get some more screens up;)
enginewhistle2012082000.jpg

I reskinned one of areigel2006's signs for Kaiser Steel for this route. I added a rust decal in Paint Shop Pro and that is what I got. Love how it turned out:cool: (on the right by the shed)

That is awesome. It's amazing what you can get with some time and patience. This looks way better than the built in City and Country route.

Back