Changing build numbers?

bconvers9622

Hello all,
I have a lot of downloaded content that will not function. I've noticed that this is due to the build numbers being below 2.7. I run on Trainz mac, and I think I've updated build numbers before but forget how. Any thoughts? Is it worth it?

Cheers :)

Under normal circumstances you shouldn't need to change the build number unless it's flagged as an error (usually a red cross) not a warning. If it is, it's a case of changing the trainz-build entry in the config.txt file but be aware that this will introduce new errors and warnings for the build you upgrade it to.

Shane

What build would it be upgraded to? It shows up as both a red cross and an error, but in the CM it says missing dependencies or faulty.
Under normal circumstances you shouldn't need to change the build number unless it's flagged as an error (usually a red cross) not a warning. If it is, it's a case of changing the trainz-build entry in the config.txt file but be aware that this will introduce new errors and warnings for the build you upgrade it to.

Shane

The error should state what build it's looking for, but be aware of the proviso I mentioned in my initial reply. Also, regarding missing dependencies, you will need to use View Dependencies to find out what these are (it will probably be listed by a KUID reference rather than by name).

Shane

Not off the top of my head - the tutorials I have are for the PC version. However, it's usually a case of opening the asset for edit in Finder, making the changes to the config.txt file, and then re-committing the asset (the open for edit and commit options should be on the context (control-click/right-click) menu.

Shane

Back