Changing bogeys? how?

Neferdias

I'm trying to edit some assests so that the bogeys are no longer 42in. but 60in. to fit the standard gauge track i'm using. The ones i want to change are built in so i open up CCP and change the bogey over to the one of choice but when i load it in surveyor i get nothing. A floating bogeyless diesel.

Any idea's?

Hi Neferdias,

Stay away from CCP unless you really know what you are doing with it.
To change the bogeys use edit in explorer and just change the kuid number of the bogey in question in the main bogey tag and in the kuid table. But a word of warning, not all bogeys have the same attachment point height so you could end up with bogeys either floating above the rails or sunk down under the rails. And yes after editing in explorer you will have to commit. I have quite a lot of 42in gauge rollingstock so if you let me know the kuid number I might be able to tell you which bogey to use.

Cheers,
Bill69.

...The ones i want to change are built in so i open up CCP and change the bogey over to the one of choice but when i load it in surveyor i get nothing...
CCP = Content CREATOR Plus and is for creation of new assets in TRS2006 or TS2009. When you started it did you notice the warning that CCP will upgrade the content to comply to current standards and additional changes may be required? CCP will change the assets Trainz-build value and will probably cause other problems such as you're experiencing. Simple edits of older assets should be done using the Edit - Edit in Explorer option.

Bob

I probably blazed right by the warning... but CCP wasn't the problem. I tried to edit in explorer like i usually do... but it wasn't working for me.

Anyways i think the issue i'm having is the bogey is indeed showing up below the tracks. I'm going to recreate it right now (as i deleted it) and retry (in explorer this time if it'll work) to get it to work or at least recreate the issue and try to confirm it's location.

If it is indeed below the tracks... can i simply clone the bogey i want and change the attachment point? Hopefully in explorer... or am i going to need Gmax or the like?

I probably blazed right by the warning... but CCP wasn't the problem. I tried to edit in explorer like i usually do... but it wasn't working for me.

Anyways i think the issue i'm having is the bogey is indeed showing up below the tracks. I'm going to recreate it right now (as i deleted it) and retry (in explorer this time if it'll work) to get it to work or at least recreate the issue and try to confirm it's location.

If it is indeed below the tracks... can i simply clone the bogey i want and change the attachment point? Hopefully in explorer... or am i going to need Gmax or the like?

No, you can't change the attachment points unless you have the original mesh files. If your new bogeys are in the wrong place you will just have to try another bogey. TIP:- Before you change the bogeys in the config file open the file and do a save as and rename it configbak.txt, that way if your first try is no good you can easily revert to the original config and try again.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back