Change driver names

rmdk22

G’day all,

Was wondering if it’s possible to change train drivers names in the latest beta update of trs22.

If it can be done, how?

Russell

From the mainmenu, select your route, then select view sessions
Select "edit session"
in the session go to topmenu 2nd icon from left, select Edit Session
then Driver Setup and select Edit
Select the name of a driver and start typing,
then press V, and save changes.
Save the session.

Thanks for your help G.D.

I have had a look at your suggestion and can see that your suggestion works.

I don't think I was clear enough with my request.

What I was looking to do was to change the names to something completely new, not select from a list.
The reason is that I find it easier to run driver's names in sequence (eg Driver 001, Driver 002, Driver 003, etc, etc....).
This helps especially when copying commands from one driver to another - If you have two drivers with the same name (eg X) the "copy commands from driver X" copies both sets of commands.
Hope that makes sense.

Russell

What G.M. describes does work with a bit of clarification.

After you have opened the Driver Setup Rule for editing ...
  1. Left click on the Drivers Name (the 3rd column - after the driver avatar image and the loco name)
  2. This will bring up an edit dialogue box
  3. Type in your new name for the driver (no list of names will be shown)
  4. Click the Tick icon

Thanks for that pware.

I have followed what you have said, but when I return to Driver, in game, and select "add a driver (plus sign (+))" at the bottom of my list of current allocated drivers, the drivers names I've created aren't showing up.

I'm sure it is something simple that I am missing.

I have followed what you have said, but when I return to Driver, in game, and select "add a driver (plus sign (+))" at the bottom of my list of current allocated drivers, the drivers names I've created aren't showing up.
My instructions are for renaming existing driver names while in Surveyor, not Driver, which is what I thought you wanted to do.

To add a new completely new driver, not one from the list supplied, you will need to have a driver character asset, with its own icon or avatar, created for that driver. Again I am assuming that this is what you want.

The instructions for doing this can be found at How to Create a Driver Character.

Back