Central Pennsylvania Lumber Company (35 pictures!)

Hi there,
Don't know whether my copy of this route was corrupted in download, but there seem to be a number of problems I found with this layout.

1. The standard gauge siding to the coaling trestle has no point lever. Also nothing on this siding seems to be able to load (Not attached to trestle ?). Gives error when told to drive there. (Not found - Ourtrack0)

2. PL Lumberyard 1 - this seems to be an isolated section of standard gauge track sitting between 2 NG tracks

3. PL Lumberyard 4 & PL Lumberyard 5 - Isolated tracks at the bottom of the Logdump pond ?????

4. Coal Loading Dummy 1 - An isolated piece of track on the riverbank.

5. Locust Summit Coalbreaker - the LARS tracks work but clicking on the thing itself causes errors.

6. Something strange with trackend at SSMultiLOG Deck 1 - AI keeps driving off end of track despite the cross trackend I see there.

Nothing too serious, and it's a great layout. Congratulations. Just thought I'd point these out.

Regards
Dave Bird

Beautiful route. I've downloaded it and now have everything except kuid 148561:25005 by joxemai. I have no idea where to get it. Any ideas?

Its a coal ramp spline called "Descargadero de carbon", unfortunately i don't remember where i got it.

Hi there,
Don't know whether my copy of this route was corrupted in download, but there seem to be a number of problems I found with this layout.

1. The standard gauge siding to the coaling trestle has no point lever. Also nothing on this siding seems to be able to load (Not attached to trestle ?). Gives error when told to drive there. (Not found - Ourtrack0)
The standard gauge track was designed solely for the AI operation of a single train running around the loop. If a switch is missing and you want to add stuff, go ahead.

2. PL Lumberyard 1 - this seems to be an isolated section of standard gauge track sitting between 2 NG tracks

3. PL Lumberyard 4 & PL Lumberyard 5 - Isolated tracks at the bottom of the Logdump pond ?????

4. Coal Loading Dummy 1 - An isolated piece of track on the riverbank.
Isolated industry tracks that were never used. Delete them.

5. Locust Summit Coalbreaker - the LARS tracks work but clicking on the thing itself causes errors.
Sounds like an issue with the particular piece of content. Ask the creator.

6. Something strange with trackend at SSMultiLOG Deck 1 - AI keeps driving off end of track despite the cross trackend I see there.
Try extending the track further beyond the loading point.

Please tell me where that camel came from :mop::udrool::mop:
Did you try looking on the DLS? :p Searching "Reading" or "camelback" will bring you right to it.

Any more problems and i'll try to help out guys, I'm just really busy now with things so it might be a couple days.

~Roon

Last edited:
Download Help

I'm very new to downloading, and after I downloaded this beautiful route from the USLW site, and brought it into content manager, I still had over 35 missing assets. How do I go about finding them and getting them to the right place?

I had several missing assets also and have got them all now except for one.
Go back to the USLW web site and go to the Virtual LandScaping link shown there. Click on Trainz Railroad Simulator. I think most, if not all, of what I needed there was on page 2. I downloaded everything on that web site anyway just to be sure.
Next, go to the Trainzone link shown on the USLW web site. This will take you to SirGibby's web site. I think what you're going to need there are the Pioneer House Series.
I created a new folder on my C drive, so it would be easy to find later, and downloaded what I needed into the new folder.
Then open up Content Manager, click on File in the upper left hand corner, click on Import Content, Browse to the new folder, and click on OK. Once they're imported, you'll have to commit them.
You should be OK then except for that one missing asset.

Downloading Help

Thank you jimisham for helping me get started. I went to the USLW website, located the links (after a little digging) and downloaded two zip files from Virtual Lanscaping's page 2 (that gave me a total of 15 files out of the 37 I am missing), so I think I need to go back and get some of the zip files from page 1. On the Trainzone link, I located the Pioneer House Series, but none of those were part of the missing assets I need. Also, there are no trains on this layout......where do I get the engines and other cars we see on his route? Thanks again for taking the time to help me out...!

I'd go back and download everything from the Virtual Landscaping website if you already haven't. If those are tundra's, there's at least 28 of them.
The houses you need from Trainzone are in Series 1 from SirGibby's website on Trainzone. There's five of them.
You should be able to end up with all the assets you need,with the exception of KUID148561:25005. I haven't been able to find that one.
The locomotives and rolling stock you see on his layout are probably on the USLW website. You'll have to download and install the ones you want.

Last edited:
I believe the locos and rolling stock are nearly all on the DLS. The Standard gauge camelback and coaches can be found by searching 'Reading', the coal hoppers are East Broad Top (search for EBT). Narrow gauge passenger coaches are by Elvenor also on DLS.
For the logging locos and equipment go to http://www.steammachine/slugsmasher/ and navigate to Downloads. While you are there you may want to download the 'Clearlake' layout and sessions if you haven't got these already (highly recommended). The rest of the locos are Todd Hohlenkamp's beautifull creations which can be found at http://www.steammachine/prowler/. Enjoy !

Dave Bird

Thank You for the Help!

Thank you jimisham and bird_d00 for your assistance. I have all the missing assets except for 30671:27361:1 and 30671:27377:2 (as well as that one that nobody can find......148561:25005).

This is fun, downloading and adding assets and then using them in Surveyor and driving around the route with a loco and cars! The only thing I don't know how to do, is how to set-up the AI that Roon was talking about. Is there a certain set of tracks that I'm supposed to place loco's and log cars onto, and the route takes care of the rest, or am I supposed to give the commands, etc....?

Thanks again for getting me this far....the rest I guess is experimenting and having fun...!

The assets you are missing are :
30671:27361:1 - ProtoLARS Icon
30671:27377:2 - ProtoLARS Lumberyard
They can be found at TrainzProRoutes (TPR) http://www.trainzproroutes.org/. You will need to register before you are allowed to download, but it's free. (Note you seem to have to register twice now - once for the forum and seperately for the downloads - I'm not sure you can do just the downloads on it's own) Once registered go to downloads and then to category L.A.R.S. , you will see the Icon as a seperate download, but to get the Lumberyard you need the ProtoLARS Megapack.

Dave Bird

Hey, i just want to thank everybody that has been kind enough to help people out with missing KUID's. I've been insanely busy with other Trainz things (as you'll see;)) and haven't checked this forum in several days.

Thanks guys! :)

~Roon

I'm missing trunda's kuid:71619:38025, kuid:71619:38026, kuid:71619:38031, and kuid:71619:38034 and can't for the life of me find them.

Back