Central North (US) project

FirstSoloFlight

JamezShepherd.com
Hey all,

I'm working on a fictional route in TS09, model railway style - continuous double track mainline loop (12miles), with 2 branchlines (10miles and 13miles) - to be set in the central northern areas of the US (Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota etc).

After doing a little research on the area, I've narrowed my flora down to the following list, what I'm asking is that if any of you know of these trees being available (not payware as I plan to release it) please let me know of the download location, or the KUID so I can acquire them. I'm looking for decent detail, reasonable clarity and a minimum of 3 axis' (looks like a 6 point star when looking from above):
  • Box Elder, Boxelder Maple, Maple Ash (aka Manitoba or Elf Maple)
  • Black Maple
  • Red Maple (aka Swamp or Soft Maple)
  • Silver Maple
  • Mountain Maple
  • Yellow Birch
  • Green Ash (aka Red Ash)
  • Blue Ash
  • Hoptree
  • Pagoda Dogwood
  • Eastern White Pine
  • Red Pine
  • Mexican Plum
  • Black Tupelo
  • Nannyberry (aka Sheepberry or Sweet Viburnum)
I'm also looking for locals to the area to take some photos for ground textures. I plan on creating a whole new bunch of high res textures with normals for use on this route. I wish to request the following:
  • Grasses (6-12 different types and colours)
  • Dirt & sand (5-10)
  • Rock & cliff faces (5-10)
  • River banks (2-5)
  • Track ballast (2-5)
  • Misc concrete, asphalt, gravel (5-10)
I would also like to ask for general trackside photos to give me a decent idea of the area around railways.

Thank you if you decide to help me out, I will be sure to include you as a contributor for each asset you assist me with, or help me find available.

Regards,
FSF.

Last edited:
You need to specify what Trainz this is for.
For example, if Classics or earlier, then some of the trees are available and other generic types (Maple, Oak, etc.) also exist.
Now if TS2009, then only jankvis and TNM trees exist, mainly generic types, no specific names really.

You mention groundtextures with normals so I assume TS2009? There are some creator ones on DLS.

I don't know what "style the railways have" means but you could use an online map site in Aerial view to see the area.

You need to specify what Trainz this is for.
For example, if Classics or earlier, then some of the trees are available and other generic types (Maple, Oak, etc.) also exist.
Now if TS2009, then only jankvis and TNM trees exist, mainly generic types, no specific names really.

You mention groundtextures with normals so I assume TS2009? There are some creator ones on DLS.

I don't know what "style the railways have" means but you could use an online map site in Aerial view to see the area.

Thanks StorkNest, I'll add the relivant version info.

It's being built in TS09, what you mean by "only jankvis and TNM trees" is confusing, because most trees appear to be backwards compatible.
eg. TS04 3rd party trees work fine in TS09. Do they not?

As far as ground textures go, I'm not looking for what's available. I'm going to make my own textures with normal maps to give it some more feel.

When I say style, I'm refering to trackside pictures that aerial views don't compliment. Just to give me an idea of what the area around railways generally look like.

Regards,
FSF.

Back