CDP Error

dougtrain

Signalling Engineer
Hi all. Could I ask for some help please? My CDP icon has changed from the standard red disc to a "blank sheet of paper". I get the message "what do you want to use to open this file" routine. I see nothing in the list that looks useful. It seems to want to use 7-Zip.

This happened suddenly a few days ago after some windos 10 updates. Quite a few settings were changed for me! An example is Youtube being set to autoplay just to give the idea of what is going on in the background.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

Right click the .cdp file, click "Open with" then "Chose another app", browse to TRS22.exe and finally click "Always use...".

just open the CDP file in content manager , its currently happening to me its not bothering me at all

Following your Windows update, it has "lost" its file associations. You could go into windows setup and reset it from there or do as HPL suggests except look for your TANE.exe as I don't see that you have TRS22 (yet).

Right-click on a CDP file.
Choose Open with...

Look at the list.

If TRS22 is shown on the list, choose that and check always use this app to open CDP files.

If TRS22 is NOT shown, click on Choose another app.

Browse using the window that opens up to TRS22.exe which is usually located in C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Simulator TRS2022.
Click on TRS22.exe and confirm you always want to use that app by checking the box.

Back