Car Tagger colors meanings

waynesbea1

Does anyone know what the different colors and the percentages stand for and the numbers to the right of the colored boxes.
does the 100% mean that industry does not need cars or is it 100% empty?
thanks, if you can answer me.
Wayne

What coloured boxes? What percentages?

It would be helpful for those less enlightened (like myself) if you could describe, in a bit more detail, where these are being displayed. Your Trainz version build number would also be helpful as the timeline is no longer shown in these forums.

The only ones that I am aware of are shown in the Commodity Overlays as green bars which indicate the commodity loading of rolling stock and industries - no other colours and no % figures but actual values are shown.

Interesting to see that Wolfc has uploaded a new version of Car Tagger for TRS22. To answer the OP's question, The colored bars used by Car Tagger simply reflect the industry bars used by Trainz. A bar at 100% reflects that an industry queue for production of a commodity is full and ready to ship that commodity. If it is a consumption queue then a low number means that the industry needs some commodity to continue production. The Coal Mine for example needs Diesel Fuel to product Coal. To use Car Tagger you load a consist of cars at an industry that is showing an high percentage of a product to ship. Now you need to assign each loaded car to a destination, left click on a loaded car and it shows in bold in the Car Tagger window. Click the word Tag at the top of the window and it will present a list of destinations that consume the commodity loaded in the car as well as the percentage of that commodity currently at the industry. You have assigned one car to that destination. Continue to tag more cars to either that same destination or other destinations based on need. Then drive the train and make the deliveries.

Last edited:
Sorry I did not put more information in my post
Trainz 22+
Build 122411
To go a bit further, when I go to tag a car lets say a empty box car
I have multiple industries some are green with 100% and next to that a white number "0" if I tag that car to that location the number now says "1"
There are some industries with a orange, yellow. or red color with a smaller percentage.
how ever a loaded box car the green has a"0" and the red has a 100%
If I read the post from WREEDER right on a empty car the 100% green means that industry need cars, and A loaded car 100% red means that industry does not need any cars.
Sorry if this seems easy to some but I can not find any instructions...
Thank you all for the help!
Wayne

I'll take a look at it in the stable version of Trainz Plus build 122411. Since you said TRS22, I assumed you were using TRS22. Did you download the new version of Car Tagger and the session uploaded by Wolfc?

I downloaded Philskene's session with Car Tagger setup and yes it showed all the destinations of cars that the arriving train dropped off. So that shouldn't be a problem. His session was made in TS12.
I double checked in Trainz Plus build 122411 and except for the formatting of the dialogue windows being a bit cleaner than in TRS22 PE it works exactly the same.

When you go to tag an empty car, the list of destinations are showing the current capacity of the output queue of the industry. The colors represent the percentage of the output queue and the health of the output queue. Basically primary green indicates that the industry is producing at full capacity. Red with a number above 0% indicates that the industry has stopped production but has some amount of product to load. Yellow shows that production queue is producing but may stop soon as the industry is low on consumables and needs a shipment to maintain production. I'm not sure if this helps to decide where to send empty cars. I don't tag empties as they have a tendency to forget their destinations before they get there. I guess that could be a cool way of having a yardmaster block cars together for an road engine to take out on the road. I'll have to try it. That was one of the things I hoped wolfc had fixed.

Last edited:
Back