Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Roy: Would you like to share your secret on Rock making??Those rocks are absolutely gourcious..Great Work..:udrool: :udrool: :mop:

more experiments with textures high res

trainz2011040710263773.jpg

trainz2011040710270512.jpg

trainz2011040710274963.jpg

trainz2011040710283747.jpg

trainz2011040710292311.jpg

trainz2011040710320471.jpg

trainz2011040710364706.jpg

enjoy the day,

Roy:wave:

I'd have to agree with Andy,
beautiful work there Roy,one of the finest looking native mode routes out there at the moment,as with the prototype your modeling breathtaking mate!!

Andrew.

thanks Dermmy but the glare is spoiling the party

oooohhhh - how sweet is that? ?

Andy :)

could not yet fix the glare at certain time of the day to much reflection.
What settings do the Trainzers experts advice me here to get this cosmetic problem solved??Amazing how the eye is fooled by the texture 2D looking 3D under most angles.

trainz2011040715343424.jpg

Looks really nice Roy, great job :D wish i had thoughs textures, you make them yourself?
How much further have you got to scenic?
Keep it up:)

Edit, also, what program do you use to record you movies? FRAPS is annoying for me, it sends the FPS down to about 9 and only lets me record the first 15 seconds or so :(

Thanks

Last edited:
Grandma's secret still works

Roy: Would you like to share your secret on Rock making??Those rocks are absolutely gourcious..Great Work..:udrool: :udrool: :mop:

Hi Bobcass, sorry for not answering so soon. was in Bangkok and came back a few days ago and experimenting with textures.
Can you keep a secret????:hehe::hehe::hehe:
Me too:p:cool::hehe: lol
The only secret existing is try and dare to do things and in the worst case it goes wrong or something else interesting pops up.
I was lucky so far and the results are more than amazing if I may say myself.
the only thing to resolve is the old glare problem but i guess someone out there has fixed this and is willing to tell me.
The next test I did and already work is the seasonal texture on one of them.
Never a dull moment right?
Trainz is fun by times.

Roy;)

we live at the foot of the Phu Pan mountains

Looks really nice Roy, great job :D wish i had thoughs textures, you make them yourself?
How much further have you got to scenic?
Keep it up:)

Edit, also, what program do you use to record you movies? FRAPS is annoying for me, it sends the FPS down to about 9 and only lets me record the first 15 seconds or so :(

Thanks

Thanks Scratchy!! We have a lot of rock in our backyard and for the next 100km north,west and north east so plenty of choices.
Also the internet sometimes have nice ones too.
Got to lake Kinbasket Beaver River and got luckily stuck on my texture adventure.
That is the best that happened to me in years with trainz and making an lot of progress quality wise.
The route is amazing in stereo 3D blows you fo your socks pure drugs for real trainzers.
How is your project(s) going???
Thanks for replying and asking.
Fraps is ok I bought the version and much better than the free one.
For my vid's I use Matrix a german prog really good stuff with tons of features.

Scratchy I look into trainz 2012 manual yesterday online and amzingly they explain a lot fo known stuff but this time in the options menu they carefully avoided to talk about settings draw distance etc. Did you see this manual online?? did I mistakingly oversee something??? for me draw distance is one of the most important things (next to many other little things) next to surveyor menu advanced options that guy should be hanged for such a lousy menu interaction for route creators.

I suppose that you fisheye view (that gives a better view of vast expances, but distorts the scene a bit) is by altering the -Driverfov line ?

Your route, reminds me of my time in Alaska wilderness ... I gotta go back there someday ... but Not Today, though ... maybe tomorrow, or the next day.:hehe:

Military acronyms: BBGB = Big, Big, Grizzle Bear !

I take that as a compliment

I suppose that you fisheye view (that gives a better view of vast expances, but distorts the scene a bit) is by altering the -Driverfov line ?

Your route, reminds me of my time in Alaska wilderness ... I gotta go back there someday ... but Not Today, though ... maybe tomorrow, or the next day.:hehe:

Military acronyms: BBGB = Big, Big, Grizzle Bear !

If my route reminds you of the alaskan wilderniss than I guess the quality is higher than just plastic trees and scenery and very close to reality, right??
:cool:
Thanks.
i am not at my comp and cannot check exact numbers but the driverfov Is somewhere in the 80s. Distortion at absolut minimum if any.

Roy;)

Thanks andrew very thoughtful comment

I'd have to agree with Andy,
beautiful work there Roy,one of the finest looking native mode routes out there at the moment,as with the prototype your modeling breathtaking mate!!

Andrew.

I remember when you finally launched your excellent US farmers route.
I was in complete awe seeing the detail and perfection you put into it and drove it a lot. your reply is very encouraging and means a lot to me.
it is so nice to see so many trainzers sympathize my work and routes.
with this major step forward in high res textures just intime before moving on to Revelstoke I can use them very well and make the rockies look even better then before.
Andrew do you know how to fix the glare problem (sun) on my new textures??? i know this is a 2010 problem and I am not yet a texture expert by far, just started 2weeks ago making my own environment texures with the results shown here.
Ocemy's conz consists and yard will fit naturally and make all look even more real.
yes I am very excited things go well at this moment and I will keep you guys posted when more available.

roy;)

Today we reach Mc Donald east portal tunnel,BC,CA

WIP
works at the east portal of Mc Donald tunnel.
trainz2011041211284265.jpg

trainz2011041211290039.jpg

trainz2011041211292747.jpg

Last edited:
Back