Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

your place is a little bit cooler than ours today

A very nice movie Roy.
Obviously a little cooler than we get in this part of Australia.

I am sitting here in sunny Brisbane. temp about 31C outside,quite a very pleasant day.

I hope you have a nice day.

Norm.

It is about 2.30 in the afternoon by the way.

Hey Norm thanks for the cool compliments feels good and warm when people express its their liking.
Here its slowly getting warmer daytime now probably 36 wind from the mountain but still(lucky)cool at night(for us).
Soon the winter is over and the hot season starts till april when the monsoon gives us what we look forward too. Just one shower last week 30 min. dry since End of October last year but we have plenty of dams,rivers and lakes around here not run short of water all year.

have a nice day!!

Roy:wave:

here an oldie from trs 2006 winter fun on the road near Hope,BC,CA

yalehope6yv9.jpg

regards,

Roy:cool:

Roy,

Just awesome! I just returned from British Columbia to see my son in Whistler and apid pretty good attention to the railroads on my trip and, seeing your videos brings back some memories. Actually lucked out and spotted a CP container train at the Spiral Tunnel near Banff. Pretty cool.

Please answer a questions for me. Where did you find that amazing train horn in video one? I have yet to find a train whistle that I find authentic but this one fits the bill perfectly.

Can't wait for this route to come out for download.

Claude

thanks hornnathan N3 from hoborailcat

Roy,

Just awesome! I just returned from British Columbia to see my son in Whistler and apid pretty good attention to the railroads on my trip and, seeing your videos brings back some memories. Actually lucked out and spotted a CP container train at the Spiral Tunnel near Banff. Pretty cool.

Please answer a questions for me. Where did you find that amazing train horn in video one? I have yet to find a train whistle that I find authentic but this one fits the bill perfectly.

Can't wait for this route to come out for download.

Claude

Hi Claude or bonjour depending where you live,

many thanks for the very nice comments and yes this horn as you said to has that full body and echo fits 100% for my routes in mountainous terrain.

Feels good to hear other people get memories from my movies/picts in this thread, me knowing I have never been there other than a short visit to Vancouver 10 years ago for an exhibition with no spare time to visit anything. So my imagination and help of virtual earth 3D and google earth did the job as far as the textures and objects of Trainz allow me to mimic reality and dream.

I will work hard this year to "finish" or make ready for a first release the Field to Revelstoke. second Calgary to Field (probably all winter version) and third Vancouver going east to Yale. the other 2 subdivisions to Kamloops and further to Revelst. are next after these expeditions.
All look very promising and corss your fingers things keep working well.
I try to post once in a while a picture and or movie to keep things in the news ok??
Don't be shy to comment or advice or critic as long as it stays constructive:hehe::hehe:

thanks again

Roy:)

go to youtube under my alias pinkiepienter for more vids

Missed to announce Kicking Horse Canyon Part 02 in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Qmo_LW8AI

enjoy

for the ease of finding all my vid's go to my alias pinkiepienter where you find all my vid's I uploaded so far not limited to trainz also my favorite pet(my best friend 24/7) a muntjac deer living with us for a few years already in and around the house.

enjoy

Yoho National Park after all night snow

another oldie back from Trs 2006 still great view of the mnts.

yohonationalpark2em4.jpg

enough for today otherwise the route get nowhere this year.

ok get this straight three stars Auran calls average

Just try to understand the comparison of the replies getting on my work and thread and compare to the 3 stars one give to this thread.:hehe: :hehe:

To me it looks not correct average thread and picts and people cal it wow and awesome just not fit.:eek:

Either do not give it stars and let the thread do the work but not give a false impression to firstcomers who look for good stuff and not find because the misleading 3 stars tell well this is average.:confused:
Someone out there pls judge my thread accordingly and fair???

thanks guys.;)

Roy:'( :p

here's another view Vancouver WIP

holy ****, nice job on the city
thanks Jeremiah for the compliments.
Funny when i look now how it all changed in virtual earth compared to a few years ago when I started work on this subdivision....
Probably I'll do a change on the waterfront with the park etc and make it look more actual (if that's possible:hehe:)

trainz2011030306420996.jpg

My wife(Ning) said tell them for every nice comment another nice shot!:cool::hehe:

thanks

Roy

not yet hope the first subdivision this year

Really nice work Roy. Have any of your routes been released?

thanks dricketts the last picture you see i test again(over and over) how to fool the restriction on Auran making the draw distance a joke and punish people invest in high end computers.
This picture shows I can manage kind of to get the skyline of Van in the pict from "far" its to say not when you reach a few hundred meters :':)'(
I play with layers and sections to show and not show just to eliminate splines and sorts that kill the draw and redraw start.
The worst one as of right now is the roads splines. in the city I use Yarn but it kills the whole enterprise and I have to talk to retro00064 to see if he make splines 2010 compliant when revamping the Yarn stuff.
I have to think of alternatives but will find ways to makes this route a MUST TO HAVE. Believe me I can say myself so far its a dream to walk around play and fool in these routes especially in stereo 3D.
I surely keep you guys posted on my progress.:wave:

regards

Roy

Back