Can i have some help Please

battlearrow

Diesel Madman
i have just changed internet conections from AOL to BT Broadband Internet and i have found that my cdp opens up ok and loads stuff but it stalls just prior to compleating a download is there any thing wrong about these two internet servers that may disrupt or prevent me from downloading content? i hope i dont have to reinstall my cdp if i can help it :(

there shouldn't be any problems. I would try detelting your login information; and internet settings from CMP closing CMP the opening it; and re-entering it.

generally for home broadband internet your internet settings should be set to automatically detect; however I am unfamiliar with BT, or from using CMP thru AOL so I am not certain.

peter

When it stalls or aborts, is an error message displayed? If so, posting it here would probably be helpful.

John

his may just be a case that the DLS is not responding. I use BT and have never had a problem with connecting or downloading except when the DLS is playing up.

When I used BT, it came with Norton, and if you set the settings too high, It would cause problems with some of my games, I don't know if BT still has Norton, but I found it to be a royal pain in the a#$e sometimes.
But even so, Norton must have changed a lot since then.

I'm with Talktalk now..........much better!

I'm on BT and have found no problems, it didn't come with Norton so they have probably ended that promotion.

BT broadband is not that good a friend of mine used to use that but it kept going wrong and often when he tried to download or use the net it froze on him.

BT Broadband

I have BT broadband and have no problems with it, but I dont use the BT router, I threw that out soon after getting it, it was Crap. I use a D link router and have no problems. Also I find avast the best AV for Vista if you are using Vista

Back