Can AI trains keep orders through Iportals

virgil_182

Hello everyone,

I only recently discovered Trainz and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The best 20 dollars I've spent on simulation software in a long time. No one gives you as much for your money, not even close. :O)

I love running really big routes and I've found that at some point merging multiple routes simply isn't feasible due to Trainz stability issues, (despite having a powerful system) texture losses, etc when merging too many routes.

What I've decided to try is to use iportals to move trains between layouts, then simply fire up whichever layout is next on my planned route. It works perfectly for trains I'm driving but I've not yet tested it extensively with AI.

My question is this.... Is it possible to issue driver commands to AI trains for activities on other routes ? For example, to have a train drive to and load / unload goods at an industry on another layout, via iportal, without having to re-issue driver commands once I load the next layout for working.

Thanks for your time.

"If one does not know one must try"

See, I would think not because it go's to a new route, But try :)

:)
----
:)

If I remember correctly, if you send it thru an iportal back to your own computer, it gets a different driver, so I would say no, once it leaves your route thru an iportal, it looses the commands.

Back