Broken game, really?

Decided to try out this game by buying a 1 month gold subscription. Jump into a route, still takes a trillion years to load even on an SSD. Orbost to Healsville one of those sessions, as soon as I start every single wagon not attached to my engine starts the session derailed. Seriously, what is the deal with this game? Does anyone even test it? Why do things like loading a map or having the train behind the main menu preform so badly? I'm not running a low end PC. Did anyone even test the routes? Terrible experience.

Loading a new route for the first time involves the program precaching all the content in that route. The next time it is loaded it is much faster.

The only route I could find (in DLC or on the DLS) that comes close to matching your description was "Bairnsdale to Orbost", a DLC package. I loaded the route and a session into Driver and it ran perfectly.

What is your Trainz Plus build number? What you described was an issue in a previous build (released prior to 20 August 2023 when the first report on this issue was posted - see the thread bairnsdale-to-orbost-the-bairnsdale-morning-shift-session-red-exclamation-marks but it is not an issue in the latest builds.

Make sure you've gone into the Content Store and downloaded all TRS22 required packages:

TRS22 - Additional Content Package
TRS22 - Additional Content Package 2
TRS22 - Additional Content Package 3
TRS22 - Core

This is in additional any and all other routes and trains you can download.

When you download these assets, download only a few at a time to prevent locking up your computer.

Back