BNSF Juncion Signs ?

matruck

Dirty Deeds
Howdy all would anyone happen to know if we have any signs such as these available anywhere ?.
http://prr4ever.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/13-06-20-photos-arizona-atsf.html
I know we have signs that you can write what you require on them but I'm after sum-thing a bit more prototypical if we don't have this type would anyone know what type of font is used ?, This is on the route between Needles-Belen which is BNSF territory Thanks for any assistance folk's.
Cheers Mick.:)

Last edited:
The characters most useful in font identification depends in part on what exactly what the font is you are trying to identify, but typically, the letter forms with the most variation across the widest range of fonts include G, g, J, M, Q, R, T, W. The name on the station sign includes only two of these characters, the J and the T, and they are not particularly descriptive. To my eye, based upon minimal experience, and somewhat more interest in the topic, the "font" used is a pretty "plain vanilla" Sans Serif font. Helvetica, or Arial would be a reasonable fit for the font on the signs, and the difference is likely to be noticed only by someone who is both a "rivet counter", and who has a great bit of skill with identifying handset typefaces.

ns

The font looks to be Monotype Grotesque.

I went to www.fonts.com and looked up Sans Serif fonts.

On this website you can put in your own text and size it up or down to read it comfortably. I then had to poke around a bit on fonts.com to find the closest font. I chose Sans Serif then looked at the Gothic fonts.

Another website www.dafont.com will do a search on fonts.com and on myfonts.com

On myfonts.com, www.myfonts.com, you can upload a screen capture of a fairly decent image, and their built-in OCR software will give you the font. It didn't work for this because the graphic was too low-resolution, but it might work for others.

Hope this helps.

Back