Blackheath Down

angelah

Blackheath Down is a working name, but I rather like it so it may stay that way. Progress is slow, there's a huge area to cover with scenery and although this is a revamp of an old route the revamp is just about total. I have changed everything from the terrain, track, stations, textures and even the sky!
Here are some shots :-

Running through countryside
BH_19n.jpg

Approaching the big viaduct
BH_18n.jpg

Start of viacuct
BH_17n.jpg

and on further
BH_22n_river3.jpg

Far end of creamery
BH_16n.jpg

Poppies
BH_15n.jpg

Sandy Bay station 1
BH_14n.jpg

Sandy Bay station 2
BH_13n.jpg

Blackheath Down terminus
BH_12n.jpg

Meridian River 1
BH_29n_riverbridge1.jpg

More to come....

Angela

Blackheath continued

And more...

Meridian River 2
BH_11n.jpg

The docks at Cranberry Cove
BH_28n_docks.jpg

A grassy scene
BH_27n_grassy.jpg

Lake Valley river
BH_26n_river1.jpg

running on
BH_25n.jpg

Near Meridian
BH_24n_river5.jpg

The long curve to the river crossing
BH_20n_river1.jpg

Distant power
BH_37n_power.jpg

The Dairy Products factory
BH_36n_creamery.jpg

More to come....

Angela

Last edited:
last lot

Poppies
BH_41n_poppies.jpg

Meridian station
BH_42n_meridian.jpg

Class 31 firing up
BH_44n_31_firing_up.jpg

Cornfields
BH_45n_31_cornfields.jpg

A farm en route
BH_46n_31_farmstead.jpg

A river bridge
BH_30n_riverbridge2.jpg

Cranberry yard
BH_31n_Cranberry_yard.jpg

Seaside beach
BH_32n_beach1.jpg

Naval docks
BH_34n_naval.jpg

And again
BH_35n_naval2.jpg

Sorry if I made two of the same anywhere... I get confused nowadays...

And many thanks to Photobucket for hosting my screenshots.

Angela

Last edited:
Not much into Europiean Content, but wow, i am amazed Angela! Very nicely done.
Cheers from the States.
Sean

Thanks

Not much into Europiean Content, but wow, i am amazed Angela! Very nicely done.
Cheers from the States.
Sean

Thanks for your very nice comment, much appreciated.

Still a fair way to go with the scenery yet.

Angela

Thanks again

Lovley to see a future english diesel route, nice work angela:D :udrool:

I used diesels in the shots but in fact any form of morive power can be implimented.
I have stationed water columns on stations and there are turntables so steam is a go, plus and if a user wished, they could remove those and set up an overhead, so anything is possible.

This is an out and back layout with a smaller but even so, pretty large double track oval at one end, the end furthest from the terminus. And there is also a single line branch that runs inside that oval, so plenty of operational choice.

There is both inland and coastal areas so at least 2 ports, one is quite a large one plus the naval establishment.

Most stations have a Royal Mail drop-off and some have perishables pickups too. There are many large and quite a few small industries that can be served either from each other or via the ports.

For about 3/4 of the length the lines are 4-track, the inner two being fast. But as sessions are saved for a new one unfortunately Trainz resets the Track Priorities to 2 so they will always need changing otherwise trains tend to shoot all over the place. Once the values are set they behave perfectly.

Angela

Last edited:
I used diesels in the shots but in fact any form of morive power can be implimented.
I have stationed water columns on stations and there are turntables so steam is a go, plus and if a user wished, they could remove those and set up an overhead, so anything is possible.

This is an out and back layout with a smaller but even so pretty large double track oval at one end, the end furthest from the terminus. And there is also a single line branch that runs inside that oval, so plenty of operational choice.

There is both inland and coastal areas so at least 2 ports, one is quite a large one plus the naval establishment.

Most stations have a Royal Mail drop-off and some have perishables pickups too. There are many large and quite a few small industries that can be served either from each other or via the ports.

For about 3/4 of the length the lines are 4-track, the inner wto being fast. But as sessions are saved for a new one unfortunately Trainz resets the Priorities to 2 so they will always need changing otherwise trains tend to shoot all over the place. Once the values are set they behave perfectly.

Angela
Great to be honest i dont mind steam either

Hi Angela,

We sometimes hear the phrase "a woman's touch", & this is what I choose to use in this case.

However, your use of colour texture lighting & realism is to me quite striking.
The variety you have in this route means 'dressing' the various scenes would have been challenging,
& demanded a lot of hard-slog work.
The level you have achieved is truly a credit to you.

Many thanks for what will be an outstanding route!.

:)

Wow!

Hi Angela,

We sometimes hear the phrase "a woman's touch", & this is what I choose to use in this case.

However, your use of colour texture lighting & realism is to me quite striking.
The variety you have in this route means 'dressing' the various scenes would have been challenging,
& demanded a lot of hard-slog work.
The level you have achieved is truly a credit to you.

Many thanks for what will be an outstanding route!.

:)

Crikey, what a build-up, I hope I don't disappoint now!!!
Many thanks for that though, I really do appreciate comments, whatever they are...
Yes, it's taken a long time and I am still going - can't say strong - just going. Quite a lot to do yet and I spent 5 hours downloading goodies today to go on the route, some already have.
It's thinking up little scenes.... more soldiers in the navy yard I think, nobody does sailors!
The ground textures are based on the west of England, I love that area and I love Dawlish and that stretch of coast, that's why the ground is so red, that's exactly what it is like for real.
I built an N Gauge exhibition route of the Dawlish stretch many moons ago, sold way back when... it's on my site, have a look.

Thanks again.

Regards to all. Angela

more pix

Here are some more.

If you look carefully in the distance you will see the plane coming in to land
BH_1_planes.jpg

And we aren't the only ones watching
BH_2_planes2.jpg

An assortment of old cars, these are great models and well done to the creator
BH_3_cars1.jpg

This area has more modern vehicles
BH_4_cars2.jpg

A shooting party
BH_5_shoot.jpg

The deer don't seem too worried by the Class 31 passing
BH_6_deer1.jpg

Must be near the coast, seagulls at the station
BH_7_seagulls.jpg

A-hunting we will go (can somebody make some hounds please?)
BH_8_hunt.jpg

The latest signs by Ricky Sykes on the house end
BH_9_signs.jpg

Angela

Last edited:
Tidy work Angela. :) All those water lilies will make casting tricky for the anglers. :eek:

Cheers
Dave

Nice work Angela, what I like about it is the texturing and also the lakes with lillypads.

Hope it gets released soon.:)

Rod Race

Tidy work Angela. :) All those water lilies will make casting tricky for the anglers. :eek:

Cheers
Dave

If you have ever watched the Great Rod Race with Matt Hayes when they went after Crucian Carp they fished in lilies just like that. Alan and I did in the past too, you have to crank up the gear a bit to 'bully' the fish through, that's all. Good for Tench and Carp there I reckon, think I'll get the rods out....

Thanks for your comments.

Angela

a while

Nice work Angela, what I like about it is the texturing and also the lakes with lillypads.

Hope it gets released soon.:)

There's still a fair bit to do yet. Have been putting in the rest of that leisure complex, gold course and swimming pools.
Test ran it today both ways, I had a train derail... goodness knows why, they never did it again, just a quirk I expect.

There's the side where it's 2-track to do yet, some done as you can see, this is the Dawling/Cranberry Cove and Pudding Lane areas, got to get inventive for that lot.
And some more big wide open spaces yet to be sorted out, might make some into a Moor, that way I can keep the assets down.

So no guesses when the release date will be, I am very reliant on how well my eyes hold out.

Thanks.

Angela

more shots

A few more of my work today....

A Class 43 Fag Packet in its element during testing today
BH_12_fag_packet.jpg

The new golf driving range and course beyond
BH_13_golf.jpg

And the swimming pool and Lido complex
BH_14_swimming.jpg

Thanks again to Photobucket for hosting my images.

Angela

Back