Black Trainz!

uracco

Back to the studio!
Hello all,
I have downloaded succesfully a few trains. However they all show up black!!There is no colour at all just solid black.
They are,
the RENFE Civia by IberTrainz
the Class 165 Chiltern set by nexusdj
the Virgin MK3 DVT and coaches
and the GNER class 90.
Does any one know why and how to fix them?
Thanks
Uracco

Last edited:
When you start Trainz, goto OPTIONS and make sure DISABLE HARDWARE TL is uncecked.

Then go to CONTENT, FILE, MISC and uncheck ENABLE HARDWARE

The prob is the texture compression

Give it a try, you might have to RE-COMMIT assets

Just one point, you do not need to disable hardware TL that's only for legacy cards, just disable hardware compression.

There is a lot of false info being given out about hardware TL which is not the cause or the cure. Disabling Hardware TL will render a modern day card card pretty useless.

Sorry guys,
but the enable hardware accleration thingy has not worked they still show up black. Would any one with TS2009 build 3 try these assets. I have also got the freightliner green classs 90 and the freightliner grey class 90. Is there any other fixes?

I've had the black textures issue - recommiting does solve the problem, as long as the option is turned off before the open for edit/recommit process.

(Even N3V will tell you that one in Content Manager, if you happen to re-tick the box)

Shane

Hi Shane,

Maybe, but maybe not. ;) It also depends on what kind of VGA you have.

A small test:
Turn on hardware texture compression Install a .cdp, commit. Then open for edit, and check the files in the folder. You will se a lot of xxxxxxx.texture, and (and it is important!) a config.chump
And this is much bigger problem, because the configs are also compressed! I had a lot of faulty object, and I didn't know what the problem might be... And then I realised the problem... Objects with mesh/kuid table in config will suffer...

And if you recommit the previously "compressed" object, maybe the blackness disappear, but there might be other problems... ;)

Summary:
It is a hardware-based problem, not game bug. It is also in connection with driver softwares. I am so lucky because a lot of my friend also use different Trainz versions, and we did a lot of test. Some of them had no problems, some of them could solve it as you wrote (recommit-method), but - like me - the only thing that I coud do is to reinstall the problematic objects from zero...

:wave:

I haven't come across the config.chump issue yet (apart from in the Local folder).

I agree that it is a hardware issue - what is important though is that this issue happens when an asset is committed.

Shane

All black

the Class 165 Chiltern set by nexusdj
the Virgin MK3 coaches
and the GNER class 90.
Does any one know why and how to fix them?
Thanks
Uracco

I downloaded the above on TRS2009 v41844 and checked them out in the railyard. No problems. All were in fine shape. The Virgin DVT wasn't on the DLS although the reference is and I couldn't find the RENFE at all

TRS2009 v38869, v40040 (my preference); v41844
Win 7 32bit, ATI drivers, AMD 4-core Phenom II

I haven't come across the config.chump issue yet (apart from in the Local folder).

I agree that it is a hardware issue - what is important though is that this issue happens when an asset is committed.

Shane

I'm at my office now, but when I go home, I will post a "before-after" picture from the config.

Wow!
Thanks Shane it worked, everything shows up! P.S Staionmistress the RENFE is on the IberTrainz website! It is a cracking asset.

Back