beginner to trainz 2004

spammu

Hello

I am a begginer to trainz 2004

Can you give me any new starter guides ?

The game looks great - but I am wondering are there any routes within Trainz 2004 that you can chose from - in Europe, America, Australia etc

Which menu option has the routes where you can chose from ?

Hello

I am a begginer to trainz 2004

Can you give me any new starter guides ?

The game looks great - but I am wondering are there any routes within Trainz 2004 that you can chose from - in Europe, America, Australia etc

Which menu option has the routes where you can chose from ?

Welcome to Trainz, Spammu!

There are plenty of routes to choose from. Trainz 2004 contains a few samples of what's available, and there are plent more up on the DLS. There is a user's guide available for 2004 located right on your hard disk. There's a folder within the Auran\Trainz folder that contains User Guides . I can't recall exactly what the folder name is because I no longer use Trainz2004 - I've upgraded to TRS2006.

Up on the DLS there is plenty of content, particularly for Europe and the United Kingdom. There are also routes up there for US, Canada, and Australia as well.

To quickly drive a route:
- Open up Surveyor;
- Find a place where you want to start;
- Click on the wheel icon on the menu bar
- Scroll through the list and find the locomotive you wish to drive
- Select the locomotive
- Place the loco by clicking on the track. If it's face the wrong direction, click on the red and green arrows to switch it around.
- Add rollingstock the same way.
- Once your train is on the tracks, press F2.
- Save when asked and your off. A screen will load asking for either Cab-mode or DCC. Try DCC first then later try Cab-mode because it's more advanced.

I recommend trying the built-in routes and tutorials to get an idea on how to run trains, pick-up and set out goods, etc.

Feel free to ask questions and above all have a blast.

John

are there any routes on trainz 2004 (without using the download station) ?

Is downloading the only way to drive routes, and if so is it safe ?

I have a Windows Vista machine - and trainz 2004 works fine - but if I download a route is it safe to do so - without crashing the game ?

basically all of them are safe but if you do bump in to any problems feel free to ask and we will try and help you to sort it out.
And yes there are a few routes allready on TRS 2004, i would advise industrial wasteland when you get to know the game a bit more but it has allmost all of the industries (i think that is on TRS 2004).

Hi spammu
Welcome aboard
Check the version of TRS04 you have and see if it requires a service patch, your version will show up bottom right of the start up screen full details can be found at the top of the 04 section here on the forum
Downloading items is not a problem, won’t crash the game and is one of the outstanding features of Trainz, using Trainz Helper all items will install automatically into the game
Well worth mentioning here is to download a copy of Trainz Objectz from tafweb this is an invaluable tool for correcting any problems with downloaded items and searching for missing dependencies
Regards Bob V

Back