Baltimore Route

rztaylorjr21225

Decided to dig this project from out of the dust. I'm back to working on the Baltimore Division CSX Route! I've added new custom buildings as seen in the grey areas. I've also added some scenery such as custom signs among other stuff. Not much to look at now but i'm getting there.

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0006.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0005.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0002.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110614_0000.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0008.jpg
rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0005-2.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0006-1.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0007-1.jpg

rztaylorjr21225_20110615_0008-1.jpg

Great route, mah boi!

Awesome screenshots! I can tell, this will become a great route for Trainz. I can hardly wait for this route to be completed. It looks very accurate with the prototype, and I know, because I rode CSX SD40-2 #8835 down there, a few weeks ago.

Lol thanks for your kind words. I've tried my best to make it accurate so that when you're driving along the route you will recognize where you are.

Lookn' good! I love the attention to detail! I know its a CSX route, but will it by chance include Penn Station? The only reason I am asking is that there is a model on the DLS.

Fred

Lookn' good! I love the attention to detail! I know its a CSX route, but will it by chance include Penn Station? The only reason I am asking is that there is a model on the DLS.

Fred

Thanks. As far as Penn Station it will not be included in this route since the tracks don't go through Penn Station. They come close but not close enough to see from the engineers perspective. I've seen the model on the DLS and its actually pretty accurate

Ah I see. What are you going to do about M&T Bank Stadium? I know MARC and CSX trains run past it.

Fred

M&T Bank Stadium is a big place anyway. How far are you bring the route out to. I can't wait to see it complete since i do not live far from baltimore

Its a good start and good that you are using TransDem, but since your building this in TS10 theres alot better content you can use. For tracks, Slave-Drivers on USLW look right for most CSX tracks that I've seen, atleast in the south, not sure further north but he had made them in white, and two shades of gray ballast. Some higher res ground textures are also a must, I believe Slave-Driver made some custom ballast textures to go with his tracks and Trainz includes a few high res ballast textures. the oversaturated dark green grass has got to go too, you never ever see grass that color, atleast in the US. I highly recommend FMA's textures on the DLS, search the author "vendel", though not high res they are very well colored.
Also check out JointedRail for some better looking GEVO's and other CSX motive power;)
Good luck!

Its a good start and good that you are using TransDem, but since your building this in TS10 theres alot better content you can use. For tracks, Slave-Drivers on USLW look right for most CSX tracks that I've seen, atleast in the south, not sure further north but he had made them in white, and two shades of gray ballast. Some higher res ground textures are also a must, I believe Slave-Driver made some custom ballast textures to go with his tracks and Trainz includes a few high res ballast textures. the oversaturated dark green grass has got to go too, you never ever see grass that color, atleast in the US. I highly recommend FMA's textures on the DLS, search the author "vendel", though not high res they are very well colored.
Also check out JointedRail for some better looking GEVO's and other CSX motive power;)
Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I already have Jointed Rails Gevos but I like the ones i'm using now. I'll definitely take a look at those grass textures.

I thought that the old main line was WM proporty and trains going out that way were dropped off at the port of Baltimore and the WM picked them up there and took them out that way.

Fred

Back