Australian screenshots

Now that's really nice work Stefan. In fact it's classy. I wish I had your expertise.

Keep at it mate and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,
Roy

Roy, Manly wharf has turned out great, you should be very proud of your accomplishment.
Just a few while testing signalling and level crossings on my Goulburn Murray route.

2018-03-02_100123.jpg

2018-03-02_100426.jpg

2018-03-02_100954.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme for the support. Trainz is a great hobby, allowing us to express our ideas and skills in a number of ways.

Nice screenshots mate - I just love your route.

Cheers,
Roy

When I released my Sydney Central and Sydney Harbour route, there were a few assets I had to make do with, mainly because there was nothing that looked vaguely like what I wanted.

One was the Australian National Maritime Museum at Darling Harbour. It's an iconic building right where the ferries pull in, so today I thought I'd see what I could create with my limited skills.

This was quite a challenge having to deal with lots of curved surfaces. However, the total polys are much less than Manly Wharf.
2018-03-02_222602.jpg

2018-03-02_222540.jpg

I've got a few others on the list which I'll address when I get time.
Cheers,
Roy

vr-v-class-100.jpg

After months of modelling and texture mapping, I've at long last been able to start texturing the cab for V499!

So far the main cab shell, and the nuts, bolts, and pipework have been painted and had photo overlays applied. Next up are the controls, which will get much the same treatment! Then I can start working on normals, specular, and 'env' maps, then animation and getting the whole lot in-game!

Seriously can't wait to be able to drive this one, going to be an odd feeling driving from the 'wrong' side though!

Zec

Hey Roy, you never cease to amaze me.
Have downloaded sketchup and playing with it, as a novice of course. What you have done here kind of inspires me to try again, seeing as my first attempt was crap!
Keep up the good work, little doubt you have got the hang of creating assets.
Cheers,
Val.

Nice scenery Graeme - the colours are blending beautifully, Great job mate !

I haven't seen the VR Derm on your route before.

Thanks Val for the 'thumbs-up' - I appreciate it. Good luck with your modelling.

Cheers,
Roy

Wow, no stopping you now Roy! Great to see you getting the hang of Modelling.

Thanks Aaron, Just when I was getting the hang of modelling in Sketchup, then I had intentions to use 3DSMax; I find that more people will be using Blender which supports FBX. Blender is not easy, so I may just concentrate on route-building instead.

Ahhh ,.... the joys of playing trainz.

Cheers,
Roy

Blender is not easy, so I may just concentrate on route-building instead.

Ahhh ,.... the joys of playing trainz.

Cheers,
Roy

I use Blender for creating my meshes and I started about 2 months ago. To get used to it I would recommend watching some tutorials on YouTube which certainly help you, and when you have the "Ohhhh" moment I'll guarantee you'll be able to use basic Blender processes like a pro. Plus there's always plugins for Blender if you want to have some more "usability"

Cheers, Stefan.

I use Blender for creating my meshes and I started about 2 months ago. To get used to it I would recommend watching some tutorials on YouTube which certainly help you, and when you have the "Ohhhh" moment I'll guarantee you'll be able to use basic Blender processes like a pro. Plus there's always plugins for Blender if you want to have some more "usability"

Cheers, Stefan.

Thanks Stefan. I've finally been able to make some changes to the User Preferences, particularly the size of the text, which was a problem for me.

I'll check out the video tutorials and see where it takes me.

Thanks again. Cheers,
Roy

Back