Article: Update to Community Forum Code of Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some people think that their "right" to criticize includes being derogatory, insulting and just downright mean to the people involved? I agree that the current product lacks in certain areas and should be criticized for that (and hopefully suggest how you would improve it) but can we leave the personal attacks at the keyboard?

After a careful reading of the new and improved CoC, I agree with it. Why anyone would want to do any of the banned activities and stay a member here is beyond me.

Last edited:
Hello:

Here is my resolution and vow and anybody reading this may hold my feet to the fire.

I will never say anything negative about any PERSON when posting on these boards again. If I criticize the nature of a product or service that's one thing but I will not "get after" people behind any products or services at least not by name.

I don't know everything about Trainz, software engineering or even computers. There is so much more that I don't know than I do. It is an astronomical learning curve.

I hope my fellow Trainzers can appreciate this. Please refrain from criticizing any OP's lack of product knowledge in the future.:wave:

Last edited:
Bill (Wholbr) has helpfully commented in the new thread he started, that an increase in communication from N3V, sort of a weekly bulletin, might help to offset some of the frustration which has crept in and suddenly manifests itself on the forum. Those who are deemed as critics are simply (for the most part) pointing out the flaws which prevent TANE from being enjoyed as it should be. A little acknowledgement of that from N3V, even if not an outright "We got it wrong, please be patient" would go a long way. The fact many posting are long term users should be some indication that far from giving up or wanting to see Trainz/N3V fail, we want to see steps taken to put the product right.

Yes it should never get personal but of course that has to apply on both sides, constructive criticism should not be dismissed in a scathing manner just as those who are having issues should respect those who are apparently not.

My own personal solution to the current situation has been to put TANE to one side and work in TS2010 or TS12 until such time as I feel the new version is ready to serve my needs. I'm also sorry if anything I said in the last few days might have caused offence but all of it stems from a desire to see this thing succeed.

Everyone, please try to keep this topic on track. It is not the place for questioning moderators, cussing, or just stirring the pot. If this continues the thread will be locked.

Have I been banned??? Cannot run game...."I keep getting Unable to authorize this product, etc." Yet I can log in to Mytrainz, rechecked serial number and its ok....Settings says MyTrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct. I have rebooted and ran Data Rebuild several times.......please help!

Have I been banned??? Cannot run game...."I keep getting Unable to authorize this product, etc." Yet I can log in to Mytrainz, rechecked serial number and its ok....Settings says MyTrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct. I have rebooted and ran Data Rebuild several times.......please help!

Your best bet would be to check with N3V's Helpdesk on that one, as it sounds like your permissions are not set properly.

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back