Article: Update to Community Forum Code of Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou for the update Tony. Can I ask if it's likely to affect those who who are new and simply post in the wrong forum or will said posts simply be moved? The reason I ask is because I occasionally do tutorials as well that don't always fit in a particular subject area, and I don't want to fall foul of the new rules in the process.

Shane

After reading this, i think its better to stay out of any discussions or debates here in future. Also we should in any case stop to critize anything, may it be content or other things.
I'll mostly refrain from posting here from now on....so may this make the forum more peacfully :(

Felix

Last edited:
G'day all. Let us all begin this new week with a positive attitude! Personally I'll just refrain from most discussions on this here discussion forum for now lest I am made to serve a sentence to reinforce said positive attitude.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

The CoC states that criticism has to be in a civil manner (as it always did). Is that asking too much? We'll see.

Sir, I don't speak for everyone and certainly won't throw out names, but too many times I've seen a user posing legitimate concerns in a completely civil manner get banned and/or have his posts forcefully removed because of who his criticism was directed at.

I guess the answer is that we have either two different views on the same experience or two different experiences.

Personal critism of Forum Members and N3V staff must be entirely unacceptable.

Informed queries and (hopefully) positive commentary on N3V should be entirely acceptable.

If Tane is to move forward it needs to be critiqued which , in my mind, should be entirely positive but with points made forcefully and logically.

All the best

I haven't posted on the forums in weeks (if not months) and the thing that got me interested again was the forums going down. What happened for them to have the entire forum take what's essentially a timeout?

Last edited:
This is complete and total crap. If we weren't the laughing stock of the Train Sim commuinty before, there isn't so much as a shred of of doubt anymore? Who's running the company Tony or Roy???? So now if you speak out against those with a different opinion the forum gets closed and EVERYONE gets punished???

CRAP, TOTAL CRAP.

Mike

Last edited:
I find it interesting I paid money for a game that still doesn't have any trees and is useless to me which supports this forum and my right to say my opinion which I just did again. You better ban me, because I'm not holding back

I find it interesting I paid money for a game that still doesn't have any trees and is useless to me which supports this forum and my right to say my opinion which I just did again. You better ban me, because I'm not holding back

Have you got a thread about this one Enzo1? I'd like to help you if possible but it's harder to do so on an article comments page.

Shane

Have you got a thread about this one Enzo1? I'd like to help you if possible but it's harder to do so on an article comments page.

Shane
Shane thank you for your consideration, but there's nothing that you can do. It's up to the mightier powers that have decided to take discussion out of our system to fix that problem. It's simple, how can you enjoy what TANE can offer with no trees? Without trees, the program is useless.

Can someone of the staff (so an N3V employee or moderator) explain to me in simple English what "antagonistic" means (see CoC rule 13)?

@ Enzo1:
There are lots of working trees in TANE, just not the speedtrees from TS12 (or made for that version).

Shane thank you for your consideration, but there's nothing that you can do. It's up to the mightier powers that have decided to take discussion out of our system to fix that problem. It's simple, how can you enjoy what TANE can offer with no trees? Without trees, the program is useless.

Fair enough - I do remember reading that some new trees had been released recently which is why I was wondering. Unfortunately, the older Speedtrees are not compatible with T:ANE due to a version change which was required for T:ANE to be able to run as a 64-bit program.

Shane

Can someone of the staff (so an N3V employee or moderator) explain to me in simple English what "antagonistic" means (see CoC rule 13)?

Although I'm not a member of N3V staff or moderation team at this time, my understanding of that term (based on a Google search) is showing hostility towards another member. If Tony means different to that, then hopefully he will be able to correct me if I've got it wrong.

Shane

Fair enough - I do remember reading that some new trees had been released recently which is why I was wondering. Unfortunately, the older Speedtrees are not compatible with T:ANE due to a version change which was required for T:ANE to be able to run as a 64-bit program.

Shane
I completely understand, and I again thank you. It is the failure of certain people to devise a plan, not content creators, or yourself and make it happen. Until they devise a plan, and actually do it, then I'm still using TS12, and at this rate, I probably won't look at another Trainz product after TANE. The treatment of early time, and today is enough to make me reconsider whether these certain people even deserve to move forward or head to the hall of shame.

This is complete and total crap. If we weren't the laughing stock of the Train Sim commuinty before, there isn't so much as a shred of of doubt anymore? Who's running the company Tony or Roy???? So now if you speak out against those with a different opinion the forum gets closed and EVERYONE gets punished???

CRAP, TOTAL CRAP.

Mike
best post of the day. I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back