Article: TANE - Let "A New Era" of Content Creation BEGIN

Has anyone got any idea when we are going to get an update that fixes the constant freezing and crashing when in surveyor?
I am not talking about the download fix that downloads and then aborts before you have any chance of it loading.
Please please fix this I am fed up with having to re-do all the work i have spent ages creating.
:confused:

Having sampled T:ane, I am no longer going to be updating any of my Trainz content, as the program is clearly not supporting older user created content. I am very dissapointed in the new format as a whole. My trainz 12 content manager doesn't even work for downloading content anymore for some unknown reason. I have joined the Railworks community as it is a way better program. Therefore, I leave all of my trainz content to the trainz community to repaint, update and use any way you wish with the exception of my Moffat route. I am keeping that as a testement to the glory days of Trainz. Obviously T:ane is just Trainz 12 repackadged in a format to reduce user creations and force the player to purchase routes. I will not be participating. I thank you for the good years... You all were wonderful to work with and some of the user creations were second to none. I wish you all the best.

PennsylvaniaRR01

Having sampled T:ane, I am no longer going to be updating any of my Trainz content, as the program is clearly not supporting older user created content. I am very dissapointed in the new format as a whole. My trainz 12 content manager doesn't even work for downloading content anymore for some unknown reason. I have joined the Railworks community as it is a way better program. Therefore, I leave all of my trainz content to the trainz community to repaint, update and use any way you wish with the exception of my Moffat route. I am keeping that as a testement to the glory days of Trainz. Obviously T:ane is just Trainz 12 repackadged in a format to reduce user creations and force the player to purchase routes. I will not be participating. I thank you for the good years... You all were wonderful to work with and some of the user creations were second to none. I wish you all the best.

PennsylvaniaRR01

In what was is it 'clearly' not supporting older content? I've imported a route of mine over from TS12 with only a few issues.

Shane

Need Help Please

Need Help Please.

My Log in details keep getting drop'd when useing TANE Not able to use or update anthing from DLS?
If I uninstall TANS then reinstall TANS + to Build 76401 I'm able to use DLS as normall and all Access is working just fine, after an exit or 4 shut_down's
I'm unable to log into DLS as My user_name and Password have vanished from the setup section of the on screen settings card.

But my UN, & pass_words still active on_line. I have allowed total acess through my Firewall A.V.G and It allows TANE access to the Internet as before after new reinstall of TANE and the Patch to 76401.

My Brossing is Win 7

Thank you.

Loco20.

Last edited:
TANE is RUBBISH

• [*=center]I too am extremely dissapointed with T;ANE. I cannot download anything at the DLS and after uninstalling and reinstalling, have no upgrades available. I suggest a reworking of the whole system.
    [*=center] I have been using Trainz since #3 and it WAS great. I am going back to Trainz 12.
  • What a waste of money for this old pensioner!:(
Geoff Hope, Loco Inspector spec class, NSW SRA retired!

I too am extremely dissapointed with T;ANE. I cannot download anything at the DLS and after uninstalling and reinstalling, have no upgrades available. I suggest a reworking of the whole system. I have been using Trainz since #3 and it WAS great. I am going back to Trainz 12.
What a waste of money for this old pensioner!:(Geoff Hope, Loco Inspector spec class, NSW SRA retired!
Can't download? You sure you're doing it right cause it works for me and others.In CM,Right click on anything listed as being on the DLS and select Download. After a few seconds to minutes, depending on the size, it will be available to use.

You might want to register all those previous versions, perhaps the DLS thinks you don't have them and so blocks access.

Oh and welcome to the forums. Nice introduction.

Does anyone know how to create locomotives and track? T:ANE doesn't have the content that I need to create my route like 3ft narrow gauge cog track...

Jumping right in to the deep end, are you?

The new procedural tracks have added a few extra wrinkles compared to ordinary tracks but nothing extra-ordinarily hard. Just study the existing tracks and pretty soon you too can create your own. A locomotive might take a bit longer since they have many more moving parts and you tend to see them up close so you have to get all the details right.

The modelling program you will use is up to you. Just be sure you really understand how to use it and how to optimize the objects you make, best detail using the least polys and textures.

Realistically, unless you've been creating 3d objects for a while, I would strongly suggest you start small. Get a simple cube with a different texture on each face to show in Trainz first. Only once you can look at any random real world object and faithfully reproduce it in Trainz should you even consider building yourself a locomotive. Its not as easy at it looks nor as easy as it once once.

hi guys/gals .. i have been away from trainz for quiet sometime now and just the other day i bought through steam t:ane and was just wondering where i can find the serial for said purchase so i can register it on my profile page?

Last edited:
TANE does not require / have a serial number unless it is a boxed copy. As it's already showing in your timeline you are good to go.

1446071388x1822612891.png
Can't download any thing from content manager in TANE,everytime let me check my login details,my login is successful shows in setting.

Last edited:
Need way more features in the Content Manager to justify the first class ticket subscription fee
Would be nice to filter by number of downloads in the Trainz Content Manager within the game since nobody bothers to rate the mods. Also, I'm getting unable to download errors. Unable to validate the mesh dependency. A subscription is required to uncap the ridiculous download limits?!? I might be willing to pay that but not in it's current state. This program needs better descriptions of content and a way to preview the content BEFORE you download (or at least see some pics without visiting the Download Station website). Also, as long as the Trainz Content Manager is downloading something, the Steam Client (where I bought T:ANE) says you are in-game. As a result, I cannot play any other game in my Steam library while Trainz is taking 3 hours to download a tiny mod file. The Steam Workshop (which has no subscription fee) is lightyears ahead of the Trainz Content Manager. Great train simulator (never crashes on me like another train sim I own) but the mod manager is painful to use at best.

Does anyone know if in T:ANE the developers have done anything about derailments? I hate when my free play scenario that have been going on for hours get ruined by a train wreck. Since the first Trainz games it happens to the AI on my routes at random places. Sometimes my fault sometimes things just happen and coaches fly everywhere, horrible. I have to exit the game and take a break. Either way I want to be able to clean up the mess and carry on playing but I didn't know how to get rid of rolling stock that has come off. Has this been sorted? If not I won't buy it yet.

[... A subscription is required to uncap the ridiculous download limits?!?
Why would this be ridiculous? Last I looked, bandwidth is not free
... without visiting the Download Station website).
What's wrong with visiting the DLS to see objects before you download? It's free to look.
Also, as long as the Trainz Content Manager is downloading something, the Steam Client (where I bought T:ANE) says you are in-game. As a result, I cannot play any other game in my Steam library while Trainz is taking 3 hours to download a tiny mod file. ...
did not know that since I don't use Steam. Sounds like a good reason not to go that route.

Why would this be ridiculous? Last I looked, bandwidth is not free

He's saying the caps are ridiculous, not the FCT subscription model. 5kbps is, in this day and age, really a bit ridiculous especially since most modern content are of very large sizes.

Does anyone know how to create locomotives and track? T:ANE doesn't have the content that I need to create my route like 3ft narrow gauge cog track...

No, sorry, no-one knows how to create locos and track. They just mysteriously appear.
In other words, what a silly question!��
Mick

Just checked, i have 1 180 days ticket received, must be the one they promised us when buying the game. no two years acces.. only the one i bought for 1 year is activated by me. This half year ticket wasn't there when i bought the year ticket. but, it's there now. Still ripped off for half a year and got a game that crashes all the time to the desktop.. not really playable.

No matter how much I abuse TANE it will not crash. You must have something wrong.
Mick

I have been trying to get Tane to work but either I am missing something or a lot has been changed. How do you edit content when it has errors such as obsolete build numbers or missing meshes. The Content Creator is missing from the edit function. Has it been replaced with something. Simply how do I edit the assets so the thing will work.

Back