Anyone has a need for a free Trainz 12 Digital version from N3V store?

Shortline2

Hi gals & guys,

I see the PayPal Trainz: A New era has reached 180 supporters, so I figured, as I have no need for a third TS12 version, are there any out there in this wonderful Trainz land that thinks they have a good need for a TS12 edition to their already popular and well used Trainz program collection. :)

Me, I been stuck in TS2010 for three days now, I was just to check out something and that darn program will not let me out... :p

TS12 for me was not the most interesting one, so I hardly use it, but, it has some interesting stuff I really need to check out, like a new attach spline function, a free roaming vehicle support, and judging by the forum, either tons of other fun stuff or just plain old more stress, it all depends I guess.

So, are there any brave souls out there that think TS12 will bring most joy to their Trainz land, and that do understand I can't give support, I only can give away a gift?
And, that feel the urge to tell me, the rest in here, why they think getting TS12 installed will enhance their Trainz life so to speak? :)

Idea is to have a positive tone here, not a debate on versions to stay with and so on. I presume all that is well talked about in the Forum already, so any takers would know what they are getting into...

I wish I could tempt some narrowgaugers, but I think that is a long shot. :)

I think getting to know TS12 is a good way to get to know this new Era coming, and from my point of view, I think TS12 is on the right track/way, but has some troubles still, which we hopefully will overcome.

But, for this one person who is willing to take the jump with my offer, I only see joy ahead as after all, it is a free program to play with, enjoy, registered to you, and there should be no problem from N3V as they said in the email I only forward the info to the lucky person and off they are into the future of Trainz anno a couple of years ago. :wave:
And being I am stuck in early 1900's with my mining stuff, your lucky. :D

So, are there any good stories left out there and any brave adventures people? :)

If any content creators out there into narrowgauge stuff, trains, tracks, stuff, still thinks about if they should check out TS12, now is your chance!
I can even tempt with a real WIP route called Mt. Sabla Flott with so far a mass/mess of tracks from 18, 24, 36 inch and also some standard gauge tracks - with a focus on the 24 inch trackage up the mountain called Mt. Sabla Flott...
And yes, there are mines up there, and tons of work I need to do, one day...

So yes, not much to tempt with, but, I could try, can't I? :hehe:

Anyway, if you post below, can you please be the way you would want to be treated, nice and gentle, and respectful of the fact we all have our meanings.
Should you on the other hand, be of those who hate to be treated like written above, can you please not post here if possible?

And last, but not least, I'm no big fan of PM, please don't use those to contact me, please?

If you really need to contact me in private, email me, either through the Forum or link through my website.

Now, I am done writing, except one last thing, if this is written badly, remember, my native tongue is Norwegian, and my idea here was of the good thing, to give something away I have no need of, but hope someone else can have a use for, please respect that.

Best wishes all, I'm of to eBay to check for Cripple Creek stuff...

Linda

Nice gesture however I believe that if you have already registered the copy then this is not able to be transfered to another person.
Someone please correct me if I am incorrect.

Nice one, Linda.

Jackdownunder, Linda has been here a long time and would be aware if the limitation.

I'll join the party, I have one Anniversary edition of T12, in the metal box and no gold ticket, I will give to anyone in Australia. As you can see by my time line, it has not been registered.

Peter

I bought TS 10 to test if it was ... Oh so great in graphics ...
I bought TS12 so I could run the NKP Berkshire (and because Jointed Rail had a super sale on it) ...

Hi Linda, do you still have that copy of TS12 available? I'm interested in trying out a railroad simulator and have been on the fence between this product and the other main product offered for rail simmers. I wish some demos were available to try the products before buying, but I can't seem to find any. When I came across your gracious offer, I thought I'd give you a reply and see if you could introduce me to the product you obviously love and support so much. If not, that's cool too, I just thought I'd ask.

Cheers!
Roy

Hi Linda, do you still have that copy of TS12 available? I'm interested in trying out a railroad simulator and have been on the fence between this product and the other main product offered for rail simmers. I wish some demos were available to try the products before buying, but I can't seem to find any. When I came across your gracious offer, I thought I'd give you a reply and see if you could introduce me to the product you obviously love and support so much. If not, that's cool too, I just thought I'd ask.

Cheers!
Roy

Morning Roy,
Welcome to the madhouse. Be aware you'll need a half decent computer to run trainz 12 on. Integrated graphics will not run trainz. Just thought I'd pre warn you.

Morning Roy,
Welcome to the madhouse. Be aware you'll need a half decent computer to run trainz 12 on. Integrated graphics will not run trainz. Just thought I'd pre warn you.
TS12 I've found won't run very well on integrated graphics.

I run TS2010 on a laptop with integrated graphics just fine though. I can run ECML fantastically.

It probably depends on which graphics card. Mine is an ATI Radeon 4500 series.

To get back on topic, of the posters so far, I'd choose Rkestler (Roy).

Kieran.

Last edited:
Morning Fran1,
Thank you for the heads up. I do have a dedicated video card and a low end i7 processor so I should be okay. I appreciate the warning though. :)

TS12 I've found won't run very well on integrated graphics.

I run TS2010 on a laptop with integrated graphics just fine though. I can run ECML fantastically.

It probably depends on which graphics card. Mine is an ATI Radeon 4500 series.

To get back on topic, of the posters so far, I'd choose Rkestler (Roy).

Kieran.

Hi Kieran,

My video card is a GTX 560Ti w/1gb of memory. I'm not familiar with the ECML term/product you referred to though. I guess I'm still wet behind the ears when it comes to the railroad business but then that's probably why it has my interest.

Thank you for your vote of confidence,
Roy

ECML is the East Coast Mainline (United Kingdom) which part of it is a built-in route in Trainz 2010 and Trainz 12 (and possibly Trainz Mac as well).

Shane

Hi fellows,

Nice of you too Peter [narrowgauge] to do that! I also has such a tin, but mine should be registered, just like a normal TS12 version should be.
But, I also have a third version which is not registered, which was the one I want to give away.

And judging from the response in here based on the nearly 24 hour span this post been here, there is one interested party, incidentally named the same as my brother, so, I think quite possible someone will have a lucky evening tonight. :)

I will let this thread stay for some more hours, but so far, Roy, I think you "sold your self" nicely. :)

Best Regards

Linda

@Shane: Thank you for the clarification. I wouldn't have ever guessed that one. :)

@Fran1: Good to hear!

Hi fellows,

Nice of you too Peter [narrowgauge] to do that! I also has such a tin, but mine should be registered, just like a normal TS12 version should be.
But, I also have a third version which is not registered, which was the one I want to give away.

And judging from the response in here based on the nearly 24 hour span this post been here, there is one interested party, incidentally named the same as my brother, so, I think quite possible someone will have a lucky evening tonight. :)

I will let this thread stay for some more hours, but so far, Roy, I think you "sold your self" nicely. :)

Best Regards

Linda

Roy is not a very common name these days so I was surprised to hear your brother and I share the same name. Especially since you and my younger sister also share the same name! If you also have a sister named Debbie, then we had better go back and check our family trees...lol

Thank you for the kind words. As you can imagine, I'm standing by like a kid in the candy store waiting to see what you decide. :D

Cheers!
Roy

Last edited:
Hi Linda and a good deed you will do for a fellow trainzer :Y:
I just want to say I hope you stay around and make NG stuff like the good old Northbay County...
I would be very interested to see your WIP route called Mt. Sabla Flott.
I had some good fun in TS12 on the Mojave by adding NG 18, 24 and 30" running parrallel to the SG lines and into the mountains to some mines like quarries etc but one day I gave it up because after saving some work all the NG lines were suddenly hanging in the air and criss crossing all over the show
:hehe:

Hi Roy,

Thankfully, we need not check the family tree, as while I do have a younger sister, her name is Ann-Marie, so I guess we're safe, even if I'm younger then my brother... :p

Now, to the later readers, email sent by Roy, received by me, replied back and all is done. :)

For the rest of you, thanks for making a nice thread and Congratulations Roy on entering the world of Trainz! :)

I run my versions on an 3 year old computer and if I have good built stuff (sadly excluding much of the old lovely mining stuff..) i seems to handle what I do well enough, so, hoping you will have a great time!

Best Regards

Linda

BTW, My TS2010 finally let me out today and I could close Trainz again, took just 4 days to get out - be aware! :hehe:

Last edited:
Linda, you might want to edit your email addy & replace the @ with the word 'AT' before the spambots spot it. :D

Straying of grid...

@ jjanmarine3,

I have had that happen many times, suddenly track is everywhere, in to many Trainz versions, but, I always managed to get out of it mostly home free by finding the offending spline point or something to fix it up...

And sometimes it leads to a reroute of the track, so, it can be of the good too. :)

In regards to Mt. Sabla Flott, the best way is probably to share screenshots till I figure out which unreleased items are in there then to send it off and risk being dragged screaming back into creating for Trainz again.. :hehe: just so I can fix and finish all the stuff I have so lovely looking in my head and so awful looking on the computer... :eek:

I think I am like so many, I tend to work on several routes, and never ever get done with any...

Sometimes I wish I could just hand a route over to someone and let them paint it up and fix it up and see what they can do with my track nightmares, and crazy mine themes, but, so far I only worked on two routes with people, Northbay which we all know, and one called San Juan Central by a friend in Pennsylvania which I added some tunnels and such too a year or so back, but that is not on the DLS as it was not my route.

I been tempting to take an old mine & mill complex from my gmax days and never done probably and drag it into Blender and rework it there as an exercise to figure out Blender, but I fear I either will kill the model or just quit Blender second time around - but darn, I need it for another play route done by same friend in Pennsylvania and heavenly reworked by me into a small Eldorado of tracks and gauges...
Just needs tons of structures I still not have made, and tracks I still not have made...

So, Roy, please stay alert, Trainz is dangerous and can get you real hooked... :)

There, I'm off to read the rest of the Forum...

Linda

Linda, you might want to edit your email addy & replace the @ with the word 'AT' before the spambots spot it. :D

Thanks for the concern, but they already have it from my website so I figured, easy to have it visible until I get that message from Roy, then I remove it. :)
But thanks, always good to have it not visible in a forum. :)

Linda

Hi Linda, I've sent off the e-mail you requested. I hope you get it before turning in for the night as I'm really anxious to dive in and explore the world of Trainz. :)

Thank you everyone for being so friendly and giving me pointers to start me on my journey.

Linda I would especially like to thank you for your generous offer. I wish you the very best in all you do!

Sincerely,
Roy

Back