Any GE "Little Joe" electrics?

BDFord

Professional Iconoclast
Has anyone seen or know of the GE "Little Joe" electrics having been made? As used by the Milwaukee Road, the South Shore and the Brazilian railways.
spec_littlejoe.jpg

It would be too much to hope for a Milwaukee bipolar electric, I suppose (sounds like a manic depressive locomotive, doesnt it?)
If there arent any little joes, I may have to have a go at one myself. Being a CAD designer I have made oodles of stuff for flight sims and car sims, so a locomotive might be a nice change.

BD

There was a thread recently about this, but I can't find it ATM. One thing I've read though is that they caught fire a lot.

Cheers

AJ

If you check out Whitepass' latest Milwaukee passenger cars you'll see a bipolar in the background of one of the thumbnails. You coiuld always try getting in touch with Randal to see if he'll make it available.

Edit:

My apologies! I've just checked the DLS and it's a loco by tume. If you choose locos on the DLS you should see it on the first page.

Cheers

Nix

Last edited:
Tume recently made a large amount of his Milwaukee Road content available. He had Little Joes made, so perhaps we'll see one on the DLS soon :D

Edit:

My apologies! I've just checked the DLS and it's a loco by tume. If you choose locos on the DLS you should see it on the first page.

Cheers

Nix

Got that, saw the pic, thanks. Hadnt noticed that before. Have emailed the guy to ask if he would share. Stay tuned.

BD

I may make both if Tume does not upload his.

then thou art a wonderful person and a great human being! Need help? I am a CAD designer and can crank out any shape you want, in 3ds format, that can be loaded into Gmax etc for final export. I'm not that familiar with Gmax, only having used it a few times for flight sims, years back. I work exclusively in AC3D which can export most proprietary formats.

I've seen your work on DLS, btw, and you do good stuff.

cheers

BD

*is hit over the head with realization*

If Tume is Trainzume, could this mean...

maybe...

the release of the Milw route is coming soon (tm)? :D :udrool:

*is hit over the head with realization*

If Tume is Trainzume, could this mean...

maybe...

the release of the Milw route is coming soon (tm)? :D :udrool:

Maybe, but I doubt it. He may have just gotten fed up with our pleas for Milwaukee Road content and released it:p . He just posted a baggage car yesterday. I can't wait for 261 and the electrics! If anyone looks in the cab views of his coaches, you can see pictures of his locomotives.

Has anyone seen or know of the GE "Little Joe" electrics having been made? As used by the Milwaukee Road, the South Shore and the Brazilian railways.​

spec_littlejoe.jpg

It would be too much to hope for a Milwaukee bipolar electric, I suppose (sounds like a manic depressive locomotive, doesnt it?)
If there arent any little joes, I may have to have a go at one myself. Being a CAD designer I have made oodles of stuff for flight sims and car sims, so a locomotive might be a nice change.​

BD​
Yes, its been made by me :)
I just made a whole set of the Little Joes in the different time liveries including different meshes and textures, bogey and so on. Expect the release of the Little-Joe-Bundle at the end of this summer.

You can have a look at the Joe’s by watching my video about my simulated Bitterroot Section of the Milwaukee Road – like been posted in several other threads before.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=55290062

Or see the late version of the Joe at this screen:

8qa6-8.jpg

Cheers Uwe

Hi Uwe,

in order to understand a bit better where to move with the crations for the Nilw, could you please let me know the hight of the wire? I used 6.9 meteers for my pantographs.
I have versions of the Ep2 and of LJ on the go too. If you are interested I will send you more details about the present status.

Hi Uwe,

in order to understand a bit better where to move with the crations for the Nilw, could you please let me know the hight of the wire? I used 6.9 meteers for my pantographs.
I have versions of the Ep2 and of LJ on the go too. If you are interested I will send you more details about the present status.
Hallo,

I am not at my TRS – PC right now, but I can measure it for you, as soon I am at home. I already have created a set of the EP2 BI Polar’s too including the different time liveries within different meshes and textures and so on.

You can have a look at the EP2 at this video:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=46383507

Or see the screens below:

8qa6-9.jpg

8qa6-a.jpg

There also is a black version from the 20’s and a version after the reconstruction at the end of the 50’s.

And yes, of course, I am interested in the state of your locomotive project.

Cheers Uwe

Back