Any Dull Silver Trucks and Weathered Black Trucks For GP38-2's Out There?

I found silver trucks for my GP38-2, but they're too new or a bit too bright. Does anyone know if there's any silver trucks that are less bright and a but more dull? What kinds of keywords should I put into the search box on the DLS because I type "Silver Trucks" and all I got were silver trucks for a GP9 in TS09. I'm looking for TS12 with a Trainz-build of 3.5 as a minimum. Also looking for weathered black trucks for my GP38-2's.

- RR70

Last edited:
Best bet may be if you know of any prototypes with the kind of trucks you are looking for and see if there are any of them on the DLS, or someplace like TrainzForge, JointedRail, etc. Whoever made them may have been faithful to the color of the trucks, but they are more likely named for the type of loco than descriptors like color.

Aso, you can look for gray. <kuid:7356:104216> Barber S-2 Trucks 40 in wheels gray
<kuid2:95230:100248:3> EMD HTCR Trucks CB Med Gray

Last edited:
Best bet may be if you know of any prototypes with the kind of trucks you are looking for and see if there are any of them on the DLS, or someplace like TrainzForge, JointedRail, etc. Whoever made them may have been faithful to the color of the trucks, but they are more likely named for the type of loco than descriptors like color.

Aso, you can look for gray. <kuid:7356:104216> Barber S-2 Trucks 40 in wheels gray
<kuid2:95230:100248:3> EMD HTCR Trucks CB Med Gray

Ok I'll take a look. Thanks for your help. ��

- RR70

Last edited:
The HTCR Trucks were six axle trucks for SD40's, SD70's etc. However after doing some checking around I found some four axle Blomberg Type 2 Trucks for GP38's and did manage to find trucks that weren't so bright in the shade of silver. I actually used Blomberg D&H Trucks which turned out really good.

- RR70

If you can't find what you are looking for you can always open the asset for editing and put the texture for the trucks in Photoshop or Gimp and tone down the brightness to your satisfaction. It's for your use only so no need to worry about permissions. This can be done to any asset you download for your use. Just can't upload without permission. Good luck.

Jack

Back