Amtrak Through Texas

domingomolina

Building America
Yes, I know this is the Amtrak Coast Starlight Consist in the middle of texas, but what the hay!!!:cool:

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

If you want to do more accurate representations of Amtrak's presence in Texas here's some consists that are typical of the Eagle and Heartland Flyer!

Locomotive
Transition Sleeper (regular Sleeper sometimes)
Sleeper
Diner
Sightseer Lounge
Coach
Coach
Coach***If needed (Summertime consist mainly)

Heartland Consist (Push Pull Train)
Locomotive
Ex ATSF Hi-Level Coach
Superliner Cafe Coach
Ex ATSF Hi-Level Coach
***Extra Hi-Level if needed
NPCU (F40PH cabbage unit)

I'm not sure how the Sunset is run since I don't live in South Texas, I'm in Eagle and Heartland Flyer Country :)

Thanks but i live in San Antonio, and i ride the sunset and eagle for fun during the summer when school gets out to dallas or fort worth with my dad.

i just wanted a longer train in my shots. I like my amtrak's long.

If you want to do more accurate representations of Amtrak's presence in Texas here's some consists that are typical of the Eagle and Heartland Flyer!

Locomotive
Sleeper
Diner
Sightseer Lounge
Coach
Coach

Locomotive
Ex ATSF Hi-Level Coach
Superliner Cafe Coach
Ex ATSF Hi-Level Coach

I'm not sure how the Sunset is run since I don't live in South Texas, I'm in Eagle and Heartland Flyer Country :)

LOL, you kinda defined it yourself, thanks for the comments.:D

BTW, hows your TC acting latley, sorry to hear your problems with it, i have it and it works better than 06' ever as.

Wow. :udrool:

Say, what are those crop watering things in pic 2? :udrool:

LOL, you kinda defined it yourself, thanks for the comments.:D

BTW, hows your TC acting latley, sorry to hear your problems with it, i have it and it works better than 06' ever as.

Computer should be good soon as soon as I get the new memory.

Oh, I did several DLS searches, nothing is coming back. :(

Oh my god!!! The terrain is sooooo....... FLAT!!! I would miss the mountains and the hills so much if I ever went to Texas. Anywho... great screens! Love the trackside scenery!

Locomotive
Sleeper
Diner
Sightseer Lounge
Coach
Coach

Locomotive
Ex ATSF Hi-Level Coach
Superliner Cafe Coach
Ex ATSF Hi-Level Coach

Last I had checked the Heartland has changed its consist do to Amtrak pulling the Hi-levels. At last check they have been replaced by Superliners. news on them returning is down (aka they probably won't)

peter

Nah, you wouldn't. :) I've been to Texas as well as New Mexico, there's large flat areas but also mountains as well. What makes it different is the mountains are not as rolling as the NorthEast and the color of the greenery is brighter plus more brown. But there are places that are close like central Texas, just lighter colored grass.

Nice depiction of the area, I do have to ask what road splines are being used and how, some of those drivers would get arrested by state troopers.:D

Last I had checked the Heartland has changed its consist do to Amtrak pulling the Hi-levels. At last check they have been replaced by Superliners. news on them returning is down (aka they probably won't)

peter

Really? That is interesting. I admit I haven't seen the Heartland Flyer in sometime, but as of this past summer, It was still running Hi-Levels, but alot can change in that time. I'll have to check it out for myself, thanks for the heads up.

@tbob: Texas has tons of varying geography. The Hill Country is quite beautiful (especially in the Spring). I live in a fairly flat/hilly region in North Texas. The Hill Country is south central Texas. The FLAT land is West Texas and the Panhandle. In far West Texas is the Davis Mountains, a part of the Rocky Mountain System. I won't keep going, I think everybody gets the general idea! :p:wave:

Really? That is interesting. I admit I haven't seen the Heartland Flyer in sometime, but as of this past summer, It was still running Hi-Levels, but alot can change in that time. I'll have to check it out for myself, thanks for the heads up.

@tbob: Texas has tons of varying geography. The Hill Country is quite beautiful (especially in the Spring). I live in a fairly flat/hilly region in North Texas. The Hill Country is south central Texas. The FLAT land is West Texas and the Panhandle. In far West Texas is the Davis Mountains, a part of the Rocky Mountain System. I won't keep going, I think everybody gets the general idea! :p:wave:

try this thread:
http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?showtopic=21254&hl=heartland

peter

Back