Amtrak Revitalization Project - Large Pictures Ahead

Thanks guys. Going to get the trucks finished over the weekend and hopefully have a Superliner in game over the course of the upcoming week.

Those passenger cars look really good. Have any plans to make a lounge car? That's the best place to ride on an Amtrak.
And the cars don't actually have to have passenger models that show up inside when passengers are on board in a passenger enabled train.
It looks better, but it isn't required. It just has to accept passengers as a load for it to cary passengers.

Take your snide comments elsewhere please. You clowns aren't getting my screenshot thread locked like those others by hijacking it into some frivolous flame war.

Anyways, I have Superliner and Amfleet lounges. These are older shots from the main render thread so they're not as up to date.

Take your snide comments elsewhere please. You clowns aren't getting my screenshot thread locked like those others by hijacking it into some frivolous flame war.

Anyways, I have Superliner and Amfleet lounges. These are older shots from the main render thread so they're not as up to date.

I'm not trying to bring that into this thread, and the "flame war" is over. (also, I haven't posted any scary clown pictures here. Those would get a topic locked before you can say, "circus".)
Good pic by the way, does that car include the cafe on the lower deck, or is that a differant car entirely?

Opus722 (sorry, don`t know your name), do you have any plans in future to make model like this?
7411.1200139200.jpg

It`s called "Corridor Clipper". Nice renders, i escpecially love last one with lounge in phase III. Keep it up :)

I'm not trying to bring that into this thread, and the "flame war" is over. (also, I haven't posted any scary clown pictures here. Those would get a topic locked before you can say, "circus".)
Good pic by the way, does that car include the cafe on the lower deck, or is that a differant car entirely?
the prototype for that one I believe has the cafe/snack bar/vending machine with an attendant, a little bit of seating, and a small piano at the other end the current prototype has ditched the piano in favor of more seating and less (constant) piano tuning

Opus722 (sorry, don`t know your name), do you have any plans in future to make model like this?
*image*
It`s called "Corridor Clipper". Nice renders, i escpecially love last one with lounge in phase III. Keep it up :)
AHHHH!!! What is that?!?! I've never seen these ones on video (nor in service). Oh and PS opus, you might want to upload the images somewhere else? Apparently 'HostThenPost.com' had a panic attack in which I cannot see the photos you made.

Otherwise, good luck on the project!

No, I don't really have plans for any specialized cars like that at this time. I'm focusing on getting cars produced in large numbers done before anything else.

You should also make a 'viewable' interior. In other words, I would make like the entire interior and make epic parts that are moveable (just like user 'Ocemy' with his Chinese railway cars, the detail is a fortune). Just a idea/suggestion (if you know what I mean).

I don't have the time or desire to do something like that for a freeware project. I spent 99.9% of my time outside of cabview anyways.

Superliner coaches have officially entered alpha and their stablemates, along with screenshots, will soon follow once the kinks are worked out. In the mean time I'm announcing the next project after the Superliners and Amfleets are done: HEP Heritage cars. Here's a couple of teasers:

Last edited:
Are these based on the cars that Amtrak recieved in 1971 and operated through the 90's, or are these the cars that Amtrak redid around 1998 for Three Rivers and Pennsylvanian service?

Back