Amtrak Returns to Highland

tbob

Analog Kid
Howdy folks,

It's been a while since I've added a new chapter to the rail operations over Highland Valley, so since I had a snow day today, I went out to the valley and got some pics.

I am happy to inform you that Amtrak has returned to Highland. Over the past year, they have been fighting a law suit brought on by the EPA and rail opperations were being covered by a private company. Unfortunately, the private company couldn't keep up, and was forced to abandon operations. Last week however saw the return of Amtrak, which settled the courtcase. Using three recently unwanted P32BWH's, Amtrak has been running two commuter shuttles to start making money, with a pair of Horizon cars on backup and a pair of dome cars for VIP's.

Here we see the Highland Clipper, ready to depart Highland for Greenwood, Lumby, and points in between.
AmtrakHighlandShuttle-1.jpg

The ex-HRRC GP9 at the right (which is for sale in real life) is owned by the exceptionally small fragment of DuBois Rail Lines (DRX) and is going to be used for light freight now that some companies have returned to the valley.

The Clipper snakes it's way down the pass.
AmtrakHighlandShuttle-2.jpg

Passing the old juction that used to go to the massive freight terminal on the line.
AmtrakHighlandShuttle-3.jpg

AmtrakHighlandShuttle-4.jpg

We'll stop at Stormont for tonight as it's getting late, and the line is dangrous at night.
AmtrakHighlandShuttle-5.jpg

Hi all,

I want to post in Ceebee's defense. Highland Valley was first built in 2000 and was one of the original routes built for Trainz. It was built before any of the fancy scenery items we have today were even conceived. It was one of the best routes available, with a cool operating session included. I and others enjoyed running the route very much. I even added it as a destination for the high line section of the Feather River route. Please don't say an older route sucks if you don't know the history. I also think that you mods have done a great job updating it with the trees, grass and buildings available today. That shows that you think the route is great fun and I appreciate it. I'll get off my soap box now.

Jack

1) P32BWH: Where? :udrool:

its actually a Dash 9 mesh :( it is a little project tbob and I have been working on (before I had to send in my computer for repairs, and yes I have back-ups) assuming we get permission to release them we hope to release a Pepsi-can, PHV, and California, ones along with dirtied versions of them and a dirtied version of the PHIV.

oh and don't ask for betas :p

peter

Back