Amazing 2.0 Graphics Tutorial

boleyd

Thank you Dick for that 5 star review.

Like many others who jumped into S2.0 early I found the change from 20 years of using Surveyor Classic to be a huge step up and I was initially floundering. It took quite a while but I eventually (or so I believed) began to master the new tools and new workflow philosophy. One thing that I thought was badly needed was clear examples and instructions on using the S2.0 tools so I set about creating the document you mentioned plus another on the S2.0 palettes.

I wish it was true that using the guide will allow you "to be a darn good graphic artist".

Thanks
Peter

Just what i was looking for. Thank You Peter. Any way to download or make it a PDF for hand held ref?

Last edited:
Any way to download or make it a PDF for hand held ref?

I have never considered that option but after some investigation the following seems to work. I used Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

With the wiki page open in the browser

1. Click the Open Applications Menu button (top extreme right - looks like 3 horizontal bars)
  2. Select Print
  3. Select Destination: Save to PDF or Microsoft Print to PDF
  4. Click More Settings
  5. Set paper size (letter, A4, etc)
  6. Uncheck Print headers and footers (unless you want them on)
  7. Click Save

Instructions will be different for other browsers.

It will be about 53 pages (using A4) and some of the page breaks will be in odd places (e.g. immediately after a heading).

Just what i was looking for. Thank You Peter. Any way to download or make it a PDF for hand held ref?

You can save html (web) pages as local documents. Make sure you save "all" options (text, pictures, styles, etc) or it won't look right. It saves as an html file and when you launch it it open the browser and displays. You browser should have info in help or just check for "save page" or similar. Also, some browsers have "Share" features that will export pages in other formats.

You can save html (web) pages as local documents.

I was skeptical about that since a Wiki page is not just HTML code but also has a lot of embedded MediaWiki codes. But I just tried it and it worked. The MediaWiki codes are converted into very dense HTML codes but still render correctly. All the graphical elements in the page, 226 items, are also saved into a folder.

However, the request was for the option to print it out on paper via a PDF. The resulting document is 53 pages long.

Thank you all.

The main drawback of using a hard copy (i.e. printed) or a saved HTML "off-line" version is that your copy will not be the latest version available. Since it was created on Jan 5th 2023 it has been updated well over 100 times (I lost count) as I have discovered "new" features that needed to be added, corrections (major and minor) that needed to be made, etc.

Back