AJS Track Eraser ?? what does it do.

targanon

Targ (Chris)
AJS Track Eraser,<kuid:122285:1003>

I have been looking at other peoples work in quest today is the China Track included with TS12..

I'm particularly interested in how the animated Points work I have looked at a few some are animated and move slowly others I think work as mo junctions.

Anyways I noticed that in the china route when I was looking at the KUID for the points the AJS Track Eraser and that made me wonder what it actually does and could I use it??

The AJS Track Eraser is simply an "invisible" track spline, meaning that it is visible in Surveyor (so that the route builder can see it and manipulate it) but invisible in Driver. There is also a counterpart for regular (non-track) splines, the AJS Spline Eraser.

As to why it may be called an "eraser", let's take this example: The AJS Station Kit (a set of assets that allows you to construct your own interactive station out of parts) contains stuff like platform end templates and even the interactive objects themselves, which have attachment points for connecting the various part of the kit like platform splines, wall splines, and roof splines. These spline attachments use the AJS Spline Eraser invisible spline as the default spline so that those attached splines will be invisible in Driver if you do not want to use them and thus do not connect anything to them.

Well, let's say you connect a wall spline to the appropriate spline attachment point on one of the templates as you're constructing a station, and later you decide you don't want to have a wall there at all. To remove the attached wall spline, you need to first delete any splines conected to that attached spline on the template, then connect an invisible spline (such as the AJS Spline Eraser) to one of the spline points to remove the wall.

Basically, there is nothing special to the AJS Track Eraser and AJS Spline Eraser; they are just another couple of invisible splines.

Hope this helps and is understandable. :eek:

Regards,

Zachary.

I'll throw this out there too: When I need invisible track, I use either BNSF50's or AJS Track eraser because they are the same size as regular track and you can see what they do/where they are better than with another version that may only be a single thin line.

---Scott

Thanks so much for the detailed reply.. its is good that there are those that know what all this is for..

I thought its was something magic.. LOL OK..

@ slabay : I would have to agree with you about it being better then a single line.. however I do model in NG but thats cool something is better then nothing...

Back