A Thank You to all our Veterans today

steamrodder

Fellow Trainzer
Hi all, Just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all our Veterans and Service Members that are on active duty on this Veterans Day. I,m also proud to say that I am a Veteran, and it is a honor to have served and protect our freedoms. So if you know or meet a veteran, say "Thank You", it means alot to us. From your fellow Trainzer, -Robert a.k.a. Steamrodder-

P.S. And a Big "Happy Belated Birthday" to all the Trainzers who had Birthdays this last week!:wave:

Thanks to the American veterans I suppose. They're Certainly not 'mine' as you said

Jamie

Why? Why does everything have to be so snarky Jamie?

Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Poppy Day, Armistice Day... the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, the anniversary of the end of the first World War in 1918. Of course, celebrated in April by NZ because they got their Poppies too late!

Anyway, thank you vets of the Commonwealth, and elsewhere.

I didn't do it for any of you bums anyway, I did it for my favorite girl!

156974_1490572148179_8318253_n.jpg

Hello, Gorgeous! :wave:

Why? Why does everything have to be so snarky Jamie?

I wasn't meaning to be snarky, sorry if it came off as that

Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Poppy Day, Armistice Day... the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, the anniversary of the end of the first World War in 1918.

I forgot it was still the 11th in the US and figured this was some American day and I didn't particularly like the 'our' as many Americans seem to be known to do.

Of course, celebrated in April by NZ because they got their Poppies too late!

haha so do We, 25th April 1915 was when New Zealand and Australia invaded Gallipoli. A military failure but many think of it as a defining moment for Australia and New Zealand on an international scale. Things such as the ANZAC legend and stories such as Simpson and his Donkey

Jamie

My thoughts go out to many of our heroes from the past, as well as our fallen heroes of today, I thank you for giving me an opportunity to being here and a reason for living, without the help of our brave service men and women around the world, the world could have been a very different place.

Many thanks to our brave heroes around the world, we are very grateful and thankful in what you do, you are always in our thoughts.

Joe Airtime

remembrance-poppy.jpg

Last edited:
Gallipoli was never the Men but the leaders if I remember

Hello:
Gallipoli was never the question about the courage or bravery of the Men.
but the leadership if I remember my history correctly.

Your Friend

Vietnam 1966 Engineer Vet
Gerry

It was more about beating the Ottomans, but it was a defining moment in Australian and New Zealand military history anyway. If you're talking about the leadership of the soldiers, there was huge amounts shown, things such as quick-thinking and initiative were shown on the beaches and in the trenches. However, the leaders themselves severely underestimated the Turkish military power, plus bad navigation and tactical planning by the British commanders were key factors in Gallipoli's loss

Jamie

Last edited:
Back