A Parade of New Carz

JonMyrlennBailey

Trainz enabled traffic for scenery roads in the Denver region. Having taken a giant step from TANE, I couldn't help but notice a whole mix of 3D traffic vehicles nowadays: automobiles, trailer trucks, school buses, dudes on motorcycles (headlights off during daylight hours which is uncommon in America), police trikes, cop cars (some complete with working sirens and flashing lights), ambulances, cement mixers, etc. The headlights and taillights now work at night. The tires don't roll, however. These Carz think they are sliding on skis. They often drive too slow or too fast for road conditions or road types. They always move at steady speeds lacking natural braking and acceleration. They respond to the invisible bumps in the road as boat's Traffic Stoppers. They snap around slight curves. They are comical the way they move. Like Keystone Cops on sidecar motorcycles. They magically disappear into thin air where roads terminate.

Let's hear what you think of these new Carz. The TRC crossing is acting a bit wonky in this video. Sometimes these Carz follow too close. Sometimes they are stuck together like Siamese twins.

<iframe width="997" height="561" src="
" title="Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022: Improved Traffic Carz" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
It looks like the road is not aligned across the crossing, so it has to adjust. The crossing gates are definitely not working correctly.
Not much for vehicles to do where the roads terminate, so they might as well disappear.

It looks like the road is not aligned across the crossing, so it has to adjust. The crossing gates are definitely not working correctly.
Not much for vehicles to do where the roads terminate, so they might as well disappear.
Sometimes those TRC crossings goof up in TANE. The crooked street is crossing the tracks in Fraser, Colorado is on the part of the original author of West From Denver. Most Trainzers probably don't observe the Carz closely while playing anyway. I just fiddled with this crossing to hopefully make the Carz move a bit smoother through it.

Last edited:
The crooked street is crossing the tracks in Fraser, Colorado is on the part of the original author of West From Denver.
So how long are you gonna keep on taking pot shots at Jango over this route? I note you don't mention his name this time, but you craftily got a little dig in there didnt you ? ? This seems to be your new obsession , wonder how long this will last ?

He made a very lengthy , prototypical route, a very ambitious one, you have so far, just bagged it consistently ( forgive me if I missed the praise ) .

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I just did a DLC search and I could not find one asset, one route, one session that you have ever shared with anyone in this game.

In light of that why do you think its kosher to come and carp about this route, because you paid for it ? do you have any conception how long it takes to make a route this complex and to make it so there are zero faults ? it would be many hundreds of hours and whatever the route maker gets in return will probably never cover the actual labor it takes to make the route.

You've made it obvious that you find West to Denver lacking in many ways, ( if there are faults then really it was NV3s job to sort them out if they were going to sell it as a product ) that's fair enough, its almost impossible to make a perfect route, (certainly mine aren't in that category, no matter how hard I try to fix all the faults in them ) you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but in general we try NOT to spend time pointing out all the flaws in the creations of others, as its just not very good form, especially in this case as Jango has been very unwell for some time and is trying to get back to route building even though hes still,finding it very difficult.

if he came here and read your comments, how do you think he might feel ?

My advice is , why not fix it up to your exacting standards instead of constantly carping on about it ? The time you spend criticising the route could be spent getting it just exactly perfect. then make a list of the faults and send them to NV3 .

Meanwhile I await the publication of your first route on the DLS with bated breath .

If you ever do get around to fulfilling that action, then tell me, how would you like me to come and spend weeks finding all its faults and talking repeatedly about them on a public forum ? Would YOU like that ?

So how long are you gonna keep on taking pot shots at Jango over this route? I note you don't mention his name this time, but you craftily got a little dig in there didnt you ? ? This seems to be your new obsession , wonder how long this will last ?

He made a very lengthy , prototypical route, a very ambitious one, you have so far, just bagged it consistently ( forgive me if I missed the praise ) .

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I just did a DLC search and I could not find one asset, one route, one session that you have ever shared with anyone in this game.

In light of that why do you think its kosher to come and carp about this route, because you paid for it ? do you have any conception how long it takes to make a route this complex and to make it so there are zero faults ? it would be many hundreds of hours and whatever the route maker gets in return will probably never cover the actual labor it takes to make the route.

You've made it obvious that you find West to Denver lacking in many ways, ( if there are faults then really it was NV3s job to sort them out if they were going to sell it as a product ) that's fair enough, its almost impossible to make a perfect route, (certainly mine aren't in that category, no matter how hard I try to fix all the faults in them ) you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but in general we try NOT to spend time pointing out all the flaws in the creations of others, as its just not very good form, especially in this case as Jango has been very unwell for some time and is trying to get back to route building even though hes still,finding it very difficult.

if he came here and read your comments, how do you think he might feel ?

My advice is , why not fix it up to your exacting standards instead of constantly carping on about it ? The time you spend criticising the route could be spent getting it just exactly perfect. then make a list of the faults and send them to NV3 .

Meanwhile I await the publication of your first route on the DLS with bated breath .

If you ever do get around to fulfilling that action, then tell me, how would you like me to come and spend weeks finding all its faults and talking repeatedly about them on a public forum ? Would YOU like that ?
Forester above made the remark about the crooked road at the crossing, so I chimed in.

I think you may find this topic very appropriate.

You can substitute from make-it-to-the-dls to make-it-to-DLC.

There is a way of critiquing someone else's work without being insulting and over critical. At this point, you are doing nothing but nit-picking.

If you are so concerned about the route, why don't you delete it and move on and report your "glaring errors" to N3V.

I never said I thought this particular route was evil; I said I have to fiddle with it a bit to make it more to my personal liking. For example, putting people figures at train stations. The same is true for just about any prepackaged route of interest to me. Just about any pre-existing route of another party one clones has to have rolling stock added to it as well as a session made up to manage driving the rolling stock thus added.

before criticizing the route maker directly it might be advantageous for you to look up this thread,https://forums.auran.com/threads/stuck-on-west-from-denver.177696/ from which i quote.
"The signals are placed in the route but can be configured in the session and when N3V edited the route and session for release it appears they did not reset the signal priorities correctly. I did point that out to them after the release but as you say never fixed. The sequence should be that the AI train passes the player train and the signal resets to green before the player reaches that point.

the original version of the session was created in TRS19 during the BETA for the route and I updated all of them to run on the N3V release version of the route and released them on the DLS some time ago: -"

So you see NV3 have a hand in modifying routes and sessions themselves when they chose a route to make payware, they are the ones you should be criticizing regarding any flaws , if they are selling you a product then its their responsibility to make sure it works not only in the original releases but in newer versions of the game, if they are still selling it , which they are.

Its fine to point out problems, but the rather personal way in which you constantly refer to the original creator is not pleasant, if it was me making such a post and i hadn't any supporting likes or posts that support my views and I had received mostly negative responses, then I would get the hint and drop the subject or change my approach, if you feel the need to lodge complaints the first port of call for you is NV3 ( although good luck with that)

:)
I know you have moved from TANE to 2022, which is a big leap, you may not be aware that some of the newer versions of trainz have a bit of a nasty habit of doing strange things to routes, ( although in my experience that's been happening since 2010 ) I've had a number of instances where switches using pro track that I've had working perfectly display red spline points when I open the route after a save ( and they often continue to do so after subsequent fixes and more saves as well ) In TRS 2019 entire stretches of track I've worked on have reverted back to their original state, even though I have religiously followed procedure to save and to ensure there is masses of free drive space to accommodate saves, furthermore,changing assets often leads to new spline assets being buried when they were visible beforehand .

Checking every inch of an 80 mile route to ensure that nothing has gone wrong when moving to protrack from older assets , or changing roads is a very exacting task. My advice is to acknowledge how great a route is, ( which West of Denver certainly is) and do what the rest of us do if we find a fault, we fix it if we can ,then we possibly let the creator know and don't go on about it constantly as we know how hard it is to attain perfection. !

You must also realize that a route made in one version often wont work perfectly in another and NV3 rarely if ever, fix problems in payware.

Last edited:
Yes, I have felt the need to monkey with the signals too in this Denver layout. Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel came boxed with TANE and I had to tweak that also to my liking. The best track work right on a route right out of the box I've seen so far is the the Mojave Sub Division as packaged with 2012. Even so, I did some tweaking on that.

Denver, Drexel and Mojave all have mountainous mainlines that are single in some sections and double in others. The trick is to get switch settings and signals set up so one train on the right-hand siding at the junction holds for another train that is oncoming. Two opposing trains on a single track will get in each other's way. I force all trains diverging from a single track to a pair of side-by-side tracks to veer right by default. Most of the sidings will fit a 1-mile-long train. If the sidings are too short, they are cut at the junctions at either end and the levers and frogs are then removed. This section then becomes a longer section of single track in a single signal block. A track maintenance scenery is created to justify why the turnouts are missing. I place railway worker figures, maintenance of way trucks, speeders, frogs and switch levers, wheelbarrows, railroad ties and rails at these points to indicate that they are being worked on. I cannot have a signal placed anywhere in a single section of mainline between turnouts at either end. AI will try to drive a train up to it even if it is red. An AI driven train must be held at a red signal at the siding junction before entering the single section of track if there is an oncoming train. AI will see this section of single track as clear or busy this way. How railroads deal with trains too long for sidings, I am not sure. These types of sidings don't work well for manually-driven trains. AI grabs the junction levers away from a human driver. Human drivers cannot lock levers. AI will not unlock a lever held by another AI train approaching.

American railroads are often too cheap to have a thorough two-track mainline running through mountainous parts to preclude waiting on sidings for oncoming trains to pass. This is why the Amtrak California Zephyr was hellishly slow from Oakland to Denver through the Sierras and the Rockies. Not to mention a derailed freight that held my train up in Salt Lake City for 5 hours in the summer of 1986. Tight curves, harsh grades and lot's of one-track mainline with sidings. The American RR surveyors weren't thinking about high-speed bullet trains of the future back in the 1800's.

Last edited:
Back