3D Modelling Question

bigboy4010

Hardcore Steam Breather
I've heard of a 3D modeller program that allows you to draw out what you want to make in blueprint form and then it'll form it for you on the computer. What is this program and, once the object has been created, is there any way to export it to Gmax for touchups?

That's essentially what gMax does. You draw a plan and elevations, then gmax shows the 3D Model. I realise that you already know that, so I'm wondering how the program you mention does it differently?

Where did you hear about it because I'm very interested in this subject.

I know of a program called Wings, that acts like a blob of clay. You pull or push the sides to create your final shape, but it's pure 3d. The only thing that comes near what you're suggesting is plug-ins for Autocad and Turbocad. There's also another less well known program which I can't recall the name of. These programs all allow you to draw in 2d, then the plug-in combines the elements to create a 3d model

I've heard of a 3D modeller program that allows you to draw out what you want to make in blueprint form and then it'll form it for you on the computer. What is this program and, once the object has been created, is there any way to export it to Gmax for touchups?

Microsoft has some software that can create a 3d object from a selection of photos. OK but for Trainz you need to keep an eye on the polys and in general the more control you have the lower the poly count.

Cheerio John

Back