26L / 26E braking system and Tractive effort and other items to address

masscenRR

Some things i have noticed in the early access game of 2019 and in TANE as well is some discrepancy with the modern engines and the 26L braking system in the game. one being the Actuation or bail feature. when you bail on an engine in real life, after taking a set on the Automatic, after that initial bail the independent does apply again until you take another set of air. the only time the independent with continuously try to set up after you bail and let off is when the automatic is in handle off.

Another item i would suggest is that instead of putting a braking percentage for how much brake you have applied you should make it as how much a reduction on the brake pipe it is. so instead of it listing 5% brake it would say 8Lb reduction or something like that.

The independent brake on most engines is pretty powerful and stops you in a decently short distance, some of the engines if i get going up to 10 mph it seems to take to long to stop when i have full independent on, also when i am at a stand still and i have full independent on and in notch 1 in general i shouldnt move or at the very least start crawling by notch 2 i should be moving but not at a fast speed but at a slow walking speed almost. some engineers do this as it helps with spotting cars and when making couplings.

For the automatic when taking an initial, it is not a 4LB reduction, its 6-8 depending on the model, generaly almost all the engines i have ran have been around the 6-7 lb mark.

Some of the road units have gauges on the stand instead of monitors where as most have been switched to monitors.

for engine operation if there is any way to put in an AMP gauge on the UI or a tractive effort gauge that would be awesome, most of the road units do not have an amp gauge and instead use a tractive effort gauge where as a lot of older engines will have amp gauges.

Please for the life of the game do not release maps and routes where industry's do not work. it ruins the replay-ability of the game, having a seassion available that allows you to spot cars and work industry's at your own free will instead of doing the same pre-planned sessions brings more to the game. i know there is a quickdrive feature which is great but sometimes when your using quick drive, some of the industry's dont work. i know i ran into this problem on some routes in TANE.

Hopefully we can have a Train builder that is more User friendly. i know in TANE when building a train for quickdrive it was very difficult to see what the picture of it was and you mainly had to go off the name, it didnt seem very user friendly and was hard to use at least from my perspective.

last but not least, what would be amazing if it could be coded and created is a local that drops off loads that are scripted for the route you are on and picks up empty's and disappears into a tunnel / portal until called on again. one of my friends had said you could do this with the AI in the game but every time i had tried it in TANE i could not get it to work.

Back