2019 Surveyor Questions

jfike

I just upgraded to tz2019 and struggling with surveyor. I haven't used it for a long time so never became proficient. I took me an hour to find out how to add an extension (X) to the baseboard.

Anyway, I was hoping to find a keyboard shortcut reference for 2019 that I could print out. Also, I see references to using the new pbr texturing in 2019, but how can I find those textures in the supplied tz2019 content? Are they mixed in -- is there a way to filter it?

Can't remember how to delete an orphaned junction (deleting a track that junctioned another track leaves behind the red/green arrows.) Oh, and is there a way to turn spline snapping off? Laying track in parallel close together is difficult because it wants to snap to the track next too it if I get too close. I see most routes created by those who know what their doing have parallel tracks quite close together.

I don't know of any keyboard short-cut page reference anywhere. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything on that short of opening up the settings while in Surveyor and viewing the keyboard control-settings.

PBR textures will most likely be mixed in unfortunately. There are some prefixed with PBR or have PBR somewhere in the name. Most assets with TRS19 in their name should be PBR as well.

Removing junctions leftover from removing a branch is done in the track-objects menu, which is found on the track splines. It's that middle icon you click on to also place signals and stuff.

There's no lock or snapping controls as a function as that would be too easy! You need to hold down shift-key while placing parallel tracks.

Thanks for the reply. I did find the trackside mode to delete junctions and the shift key to stop snapping by watching a You Tube video.
I guess I can make a keyboard reference by creating a text file while viewing the keyboard settings .... probably quite tedious. I'm surprised that isn't something that already exists.

Back