1st time reskinner looking for help

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
I'm trying to reskin the RRmods CN Website GP38-2W into a livery for a personal railroad of mine. I was able to make a patched version which went fine, however that didn't require a blank. Since I want to make a full reskin next, I need to blank, but I have an issue. There isn't a bump map, instead there's a normal map. The method I've seen is where you mess around with the bump map (i saw it in a flamerailzzz tutorial). Can someone help me with this?

I'm trying to reskin the RRmods CN Website GP38-2W into a livery for a personal railroad of mine. I was able to make a patched version which went fine, however that didn't require a blank. Since I want to make a full reskin next, I need to blank, but I have an issue. There isn't a bump map, instead there's a normal map. The method I've seen is where you mess around with the bump map (i saw it in a flamerailzzz tutorial). Can someone help me with this?

I haven’t messed with RRMods locomotives so I don’t know their ups and downs, but you may need to find a relatively solid color version of the model and skin that.

Ok, nevermind. I figured out how to blank it! I just used that alpha transform plugin you told me about and set the alpha to grayscale. Thank you!

Back