New route -- HarborMaster (Warning Large Images - 1024 X 768)

philskene

I have just uploaded a new route, the Harbor Master Railroad Company. The route is for TRS2004 and 06, and for TRS2009 in Compatibility Mode.

The front end consists of a revised Yard Switching Company. The back end is very different, with many elevated sections and flyovers. In fact, I don't think there is anything quite like it available on the Download Station.

The route represents a busy and thriving harbor and industrial area where the Harbor Master Railroad Company moves freight cars around on behalf of a Class 1 railroad. The Class 1 railroad leaves and picks up freight cars at the Transfer Yard.

There are many interactive industries, permitting the use of most types of interactive freight cars. There is a small locomotive depot for both diesel and steam locomotives, and a MoW yard.

AI trainz can be configured to operate on a separated track at 5 minute headways. The AI route interacts with Company route at numerous squeeze points.

Despite the high level of detail, frame rates are excellent on a mid-range computer.

This route should appeal to those who like driving locomotives in either Cab or DCC mode, those who enjoy switching operations in a relatively confined but realistically portrayed environment, those who like interactive industries and fright cars, or those who just want to try a new item of rolling stock.

All assets required by this route are available from the Trainz Download Station.

The route looks like this:

Map:

HarborMaster1_Map_00.jpg

Hyde Wood Manufacturing:

HM_02.jpg

The Timber Wharf:

HM_03.jpg

Heavy Lift and Bulk Wharf:

HM_04.jpg

The Dry Dock:

HM_05.jpg

Container Terminal:

HM_06.jpg

(continues)

Last edited:
(continued)

This thumbnail should appear on the Download Station in due course:

HM_01.jpg

For those who cannot wait, the route and a test session can be downloaded by a mouse click here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231624981/HarborMaster_1a.zip

and the documentation, including maps, here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231615394/HarborMaster1_Documentation.zip

In the session, load the container wells with 40ft containers at the Container Depot.

Take them to the Container Terminal (center road), unload them and reload with 20ft containers.

Take these 20footers to the loading point (far north west corner) at Sintering & Ceramics, unload them and reload with 43ft containers (you may need to shuffle a few times to do this).

Unload the 43ft containers back at the Container Depot; reload with 40footers.

Unload the 40ft containers at Oleo, in the far south western corner.

Continue exploring. Remember, the track with concrete track is for the AI trainz.

The AI trainz are operating at 5 minute intervals. TAKE CARE! Always, always, give them priority, otherwise they bite.

Feedback is welcome.

Phil

Last edited:
Another fine layout by the looks of things Phil, I have a fair few of your layouts installed in 09 and they offer plenty of scenario possibilities. Thanks for Industrail btw.

Hey All

I moved this thread to the Screenshots Forum because of the numerous images in this thread which are oversized and prohibited by the Auran Trainz Code of Conduct which reads as follows:

CoC #18 - "Posting of images, signature banners and avatars are subject to the Appropriate Content Guidelines and the following conditions:

Screen shots posted to the Trainz Community Discussion Forums should be in .jpg format and not exceed a maximum resolution of 800x600 pixels*. Any screen shots that exceed this limit will be modified to links or removed from the post altogether."

*The only exception to this is within the Screenshot forum. Screen shots posted to the Screenshot forum should be in .jpg format and not exceed a maximum resolution of 1600x1200 pixels, however, if your screen shot exceeds 800x600 you are required to include the maximum resolution used in the title of the thread.

Cheers

AJ

Thanks AJ.

The images are, however, compressed, so in actual fact they require less bandwidth than many of the "allowed" 800x600 images posted elsewhere.

Rather than the pixel size perhaps you should consider specifying a maximum file size. But that debate belongs elsewhere.
_____

I forgot to mention that the route uses the same basic toolkit of dependencies that I've used in most of my other routes. So if you have IndustRail 1 or 2 you should already have most of what is required.

And that the session uses only dependencies that are on the Download Station. The session was one that I used during testing to confirm that AI and interactive industries worked on this route.

Phil

Very nice. Downloading now... :)
Looking forward to taking some VR stuff for a run around in it 09 :) :)
Zec

I know some people hate it when other people do this, but I would like to know where the Santa Fe engine from the Yard Switching Company thread can be found at.:)

Excellent work once again Phil, only just finished playing with industrail, so now it time to get into this one. Thanks for the layout and session and as always looks great.

Cheers

Trent

yoder --

VMD, payware (currently off line).

Don't work in TRS2009 tho'. Mesh seems OK; s'thing to to with the textures. Pity.

Phil

Despite the high level of detail, frame rates are excellent on a mid-range computer.

... and therin is the crux of an excellent route builder. Never ceases to amaze me how you always manage this, Phil. Throw in almost endless operational possibilities on a route that is not huge. Excellent work, yet again.

The spelling of "Harbor" from an Aussie sounds dodgy though :p .....

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Phil,

Well, this is a lot of fun, intreaging elevated loops and lots of photo opportunities. I've hardly scratched the surface, but this is certainly another nice one to enjoy, thanks.:wave:

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Hi Phil,
Downloading the new route to add to my large list of your routes,
Looking forward to checking it out. Great that you still have some morsels for us 2004 followers.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Phil
looks like another great route, please tell me you'll make some sessions for 04. pretty please :D :D

cheers
Roy

Hi Simon --

"The spelling of "Harbor" from an Aussie sounds dodgy though ... ."

I agree. But here in South Australia the seaside town some 60km down the coast from Adelaide is "Victor Harbor" and there used to be a State Government "Department of Marine & Harbors". So maybe "Harbor" is only a little dodgy?

Mike --

Despite what it may say on the Download Station, "IndustRail 2a" is also for TRS2004.

Roy --

I'm in the process of finalising a session for HarborMaster now. I've "stress tested" AI operations, running the session for 4+ hours without any problems in TRS2009, so I hope that the issue that occurred with AI in IndustRail running in TRS2009 is cured.

While I'm certain that the session will also run in TRS2004 (I've used '04 to make it) the benefit of '09 is shunting the AI onto the second core of a dual core PC. '04 users may need to tone down the AI a bit if frame rates stutter too much.

But we will see, and your feedback would be most welcome. Just hang in there for a few more days, please.

Phil

Hi Phil !

Love the route ! (As allways !):hehe:

I have found a couple of detached tracks in the container-yard :

1. Between LARS IndustRail 23 and ProtoLARS IndustRail 7 (The left side of PLIR 7, if You have North upwards on the map).

2. Between LARS IndustRail 24 and Multiple_Industry New 2 (the left side of MIN 2, if You have North upwards on the map).

Keep up the good work my friend !

Kind regards, Al from Denmark.

Hey Al --

Thanks for that.

I've downloaded the route from the Download Station into both TRS2004 and TRS2009.

Interestingly, the first error occurs in both 04 and 09. The second in 09 only. Hmmm!

If you find any more errors please advise me. If there are any more I'll certainly do an update. In the meantime any sessions I do I'll avoid those two particular tracks.

Phil

Hi Phil !

You're welcome!

I'll keep on checking, and if i find anything, i guaranty You'll be the first to know!:hehe:

Hmmmm......Maybe i better behave myself, so You'll keep on making those beautiful routes and sessions to all of us !

Have a nice weekend my friend.

Al.

Back